Viewing 11 posts - 201 through 211 (of 211 total)
  • Body Fat %
  • mrblobby
    Free Member

Is a good read, though I did feel a bit like giving up racing after reading it 😕

molgrips
    Free Member

You admitted it yourself in a similar discussion just before xmas – cakes and desserts and an inability to resist consumption.

Yeah periodically, that’s it… but I can go a long time doing fairly well and not much happens to my weight.

yet most are mysteriously 20kg overweight
    but its probably underlying muscle from that time they played rugby at school

Our biggest problem is the easily skinny people assuming that everyone fat is a spineless deluded **** 👿

ferrals
    Free Member

mrblobby – Member

Is a good read, though I did feel a bit like giving up racing after reading it

haha, it had the opposite impact on me, made me think i should quit my job so i had enough time to train properly! Although given my entire race winnings to date consist of £18, one bottle of beer, one jar of honey and three energy bars, I’m not sure its a viable proposition!

footflaps

Our biggest problem is the easily skinny people assuming that everyone fat is a spineless deluded ****

You mean they’re not?

Solo
    Free Member

molgrips – Member
    Yeah periodically, that’s it… but I can go a long time doing fairly well and not much happens to my weight.

I think you once actually identified the source of your personal frustration on this matter as “inconsistency“.

Lifestyle has more influence on this subject, imo, than ever it has and not everyone feels they can choose an acceptable lifestyle and still pay the mortgage. For lots of folk it’s a compromise and so likely to provide varied results.

Because of the job I do, my lifestyle, from a fitness perspective is poop!

🙂

nickc

Our biggest problem is the easily skinny people assuming that everyone fat is a spineless deluded ****

yeah but… Everytime this comes up, YOU admit that you can’t resist cakes, sweets, biccies etc etc, and THEN get all defensive when folk take the piss have a point of view on your progress…

😆

captainsasquatch
    Free Member

I think that you have to be very careful about what foods that you’re buying. We generally eat well and cook most of our food from scratch. Ocassionally there’s not enough time or anything preprepared which means heading toward the tins or packets of ready meals. Something that I am partial to is a tin of these with some fried turkey all thrown together as a post ride fix or whatever. One tin contains 3 teaspoons of sugar on what is, on the face of it, a healthy (or at least healthier than beans on toast etc) dish.
    We no longer buy this and are upping the home prepped for freezer content.
    Look for the hidden sugars.

Solo
    Free Member

nickc – Member
    yeah but… Everytime this comes up, YOU admit that you can’t resist cakes, sweets, biccies etc etc, and THEN get all defensive when folk take the piss have a point of view on your progress…

You appear to have enjoyed that post. Go you, eh?

Wow!

nickc

You missed this: 😆 that’s at the end.

you know, as in: A Joke, having a laff, taking the mickey, joshing about…

thewanderer
    Free Member

molgrips – Member

Aye, you know best eh. Who are you again?

Someone not important enough to not have enough time to waste on STW. 😉

soobalias
    Free Member

clearly

Viewing 11 posts - 201 through 211 (of 211 total)

The topic ‘Body Fat %’ is closed to new replies.