Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Body butter clutter
  • neilthewheel

I thought you might like to see this inventory of Mrs the Wheel’s potions, currently occupying every surface space in the bathroom. What bothers me is that in four sleeps’ time, another load of this stuff is likely to be added….

Shampoos:
    “Touch of Silver”
    Pro-voke Head over Hair nourishing shampoo
    TreSemme nourishing moisture shampoo
    Pantene Smart and Sleek shampoo

Conditioners and styling:
    Advanced Techniques heat protection styler
    A’Kin Leave In
    Dax Short and Neat light hair dress
    TreSemme nourishing moisture conditioner
    Sunsilk Instant Smoothing cream
    Sheer Blonde conditioning treatment
    Nutrideep multiplier (not sure what this is actually)
    VO5 Extreme Style texturing gum

Body lotions:
    Skin So Soft replenishing lotion (2 of these)
    Calendula skin cream
    Planet Spa Sea Kelp Body Drench
    Sea Kelp body lotion (subtle difference there)
    Clarins Hyda-matte day lotion
    Sanctuary body lotion
    Dermol 500 body lotion
    Neal’s Yard Bee Lovely body lotion
    Neal’s Yard Geranium and Orange body butter

Plus various shower gels etc; five toothbrushes on the go as well…
    sigh.

DezB
    Free Member

What, no “Eyelash Growth Serum”?

My mum asked for that for Xmas – went into Boots, little tube of the stuff: “That’ll be 35 pounds please”. “Er, s’ok I’ll get her some bubble bath”!

ourmaninthenorth

Posting while sitting on the bog again Neil? Hope you wash your hands.

titusrider
    Free Member

wow that really is a lot of effort and money to look nice for you, i hope you appreciate it 😉

neilthewheel

She always looks nice – in a “same as yesterday” kinda way. I must see if I can spot when the Extreme Texturing Gum is in use.

brakes
    Free Member

what size is the Planet Spa Sea Kelp Body Drench?
    if it’s a medium, I’ll give you £5.
    £6 if it’s been used.

jfletch
    Free Member

Introduce a use it or lose it policy.

Pick a bottle of what ever that looks like it hasn’t been used for a while and bin it.

If she notices, appologise, buy her a replacement and learn to live with the clutter.

If she doesn’t notice (and she won’t) then repeat until either there is a maximum of 1 x shampoo, 1 x conditioner, 1 x soap or she starts to notice.

Cougar

If it’s anything like my bathroom, half of those will be as close to empty as makes no odds; ie, not quite empty enough to get thrown out, but too empty to ever actually use. It’s like some sort of pampering product purgatory.

IHN

pampering product purgatory

That’s going to be the name of my band.

beagle
    Free Member

Mrs Beagle and I have a great relationship, I’m a lucky man. However this boils my P!!S. especially after spending a small fortune on a nice bathroom and downstairs loo. I can understand a few bits of different stuff, but in some cases 5 or 6 jumbo bottles/jars/tubes/vessels of the same stuff. Aaarrrgh!

Last night she thought it would be nice to have a little table on the (already small) landing. I refused point blank saying it’d just be another space for clutter. Her friends are the main culprits, buying each other tat for b’days/Xmas which has some kind of sentimental value and never gets used.

Quite frustrating when I am ruthless and get rid of my own stuff I don’t use.

Get her one of conran/M&S little books – there’s one on storage, one on small spaces. Nice cheap book, that’s a good read and some of the facts she’s better reading herself rather than being lectured at!!

If there’s room on the bookshelf. 🙂

bikebouy
    Free Member

MrsBouy has a similar array of shite, though to be fair I use half of it..

But then..

I’m worth it.

“Flounces”

Cougar

It’s a licence to print money, is what it is.

Face moisturiser, foot moisturiser, body moisturiser, all different bottles. Now, call me crazy, but all those surfaces are ostensibly ‘skin’. Not only have they got the audacity to charge 35 quid for a bottle of gloop that’s been in the same room as a plant once, they’ve convinced women to buy the same thing six times over for different areas of their body.

And don’t get me started on all the pseudo-science quackery they use to promote it. The reason it’s the only product to contain oxygen-rich Q10 hydrozol anti-aging lipids is because YOU’VE JUST MADE THAT UP.

jfletch
    Free Member

But its got Anti-Oxidants. We wouldn’t want our skin to go rusty would we?

IHN

Yeah but some of it is Inspired By The Science Of Genes, and it must be true because a pretty lady in a labcoat, wearing glasses and holding a clipboard said so on the advert.

thomthumb
    Free Member

bathrooms are kind of like sheds for girls. imagine shes posting something similar on mumsnet.

GT85
    silicone grease
    carbon assembly paste
    copperslip
    citrus degreaser
    white spirit
    Extreme dry lube
    chain wax
    Extreme wet lube

Whats it all for?

molgrips
    Free Member

Now, call me crazy, but all those surfaces are ostensibly ‘skin’.

Yep, and all MTBs are ostensibly the same too.

We started operating from stock to use everything up. We have hardly bought any shower gel or anything since – this was about 2 years ago.

40mpg

Being the proud owner (in the same way you own a cat, really) of a mrs mpg and two teen mpg-esses, I find no sympathy with you OP. I have lost the battle entirely, and now have ALL of my wordly possessions stashed in one obscure wardrobe, a drawer in the spare room and the garage. Mostly the garage.

I was actually considering cancelling my ST subscription as, when I do get access to the little room, there’s hours of reading pseudo-science to be had.

jota180
    Free Member

Not much of a list TBH

As well as the missus, I have two 20 something daughters at home
    The family bathroom [an all cupboard space within] looks like the stock room at Super Drug

I’d been with Mrs MTG for about six months, when I looked at her one morning and said “Your hair looks different today, what have you done ?”
    “I’ve brushed it”
    She’s a keeper. 😀

neilthewheel

GT85
    silicone grease
    carbon assembly paste
    copperslip
    citrus degreaser
    white spirit
    Extreme dry lube
    chain wax
    Extreme wet lube

No carbon assembly paste but otherwise…did you burgle my garage?

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

..did you burgle my garage?

Euphemism?

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Body butter clutter’ is closed to new replies.