Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)
  • Body Armour bike snowboard motorcycles same thing?
  • howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Hi all, I am on the fence about getting some body armour (back and shoulders prob) primarily for snowboarding but also
    Hoping to use it mountain biking too. There is a lot about and just wondering what people use and if they use it for boarding/sking too? All I currently use for boarding is some neoprene padded knees pads. Ta in advance

mu3266
    Free Member

I’ve got a snowboarding back armour and it is rather lightweight and not recommended for mountain bike use.

I also have motorcycle back armour which is considerably bulkier but provides an awful lot more impact protection, but is too restrictive for mountain biking.

Hope that helps.

spev

I’ve got an EVOC AIR +
    which i find comfortable enough to wear for most of the day, it seems to be very similar to their snowboard specific one as well. I’ve also got one of their backpacks which i find great for all day riding (rather than pushups/uplifts)

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    t_i_m
    Free Member

Me and friends use our mtb armour for snowboarding and that works fine. BTW its mostly reasonably lightweight 661 stuff.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

Do you find the armour hot in summer for riding? or restrictive?

legend
    Free Member

Some stuff is better than others. I used to use Dainese and 661 jackets, but much prefer just going for a Sweet Protection back protector and seperate elbow pads (only use the back protector for DH). The missus uses the Sweet Bear Suit jacket, which she reckons is much better and cooler for summer – probably helped by the fact it doesn’t have a chest plate on it. Would happily where this stuff if I was hucking the off-piste gnar too

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

hucking the off piste gnar. Like it.

i’m after back and shoulder protection really. Do those 661 compression tops do much?

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

thoughs, musings on this for both

ramblings?

qtip

I’ve got an older version of the 661 Pressure Suit. Great for DH but far too hot for anything else. Don’t see any reason not to wear it for boarding/skiing, it’s not really restrictive.

barryboglips
    Free Member

i’m after back and shoulder protection really. Do those 661 compression tops do much?

the compression tops? u mean sub gear?

All they do is protect your arms/shoulder from scrapes

I wear it with a spine board when doing DH. I had a 661 evo pressure suit before and it was bulky but I wore it in summer etc and it was ok. I sweat like **** regardless lol

Just wear knee pads for XC.

uberscott

Have a look at the Forcefield Pro Shirt.

http://www.forcefieldbodyarmour.com/product/pro-shirt/2407

Having crash-tested a Forcefield back protector on my motorbike, I can say that they make good kit! I’ve tried on the Pro Shirt and found it very comfortable.

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

the compression tops? u mean sub gear?

I meant this type

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

that forcefield pro look , wow, PRO

barryboglips
    Free Member

Yes, that is Sub gear, it says it in the title

that offers very little protection. Just good for cuts and scraps, nothing else really

No back protection either

howsyourdad1
    Free Member

ok cool thanks.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 15 total)

The topic ‘Body Armour bike snowboard motorcycles same thing?’ is closed to new replies.