Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Bodging a workstand mount…thoughts appreciated.
  • davebarrie
    Free Member

I’ve been trying to get my new Tacx Spider Team workstand to work with the 15mm QR on my Fox 32 CTDs.

The provided mount isn’t the right shape – even though Tacx say it’s designed for 15mm axels. See below for the particular problem:

Currently the fork won’t go all the way over the mounts, since they don’t have the corresponding cut-out.

I’ve contacted Tacx directly, and their response was pretty much “there’s nothing we can do”.

SO. Time for a bit of tinkering. I’m fairly sure all it needs is some excess plastic taken off. What do we reckon…use a file?

Potential problems are that the mounts themselves have quite a narrow lip and have a bevel on the edge.

wwaswas

I’d just file it until it fitted.

neilwheel
    Free Member

It’s not clear to me where that adaptor fits.

wwaswas

It pushes through the axle hole in the fork so it fits in the stand clamp.

neilwheel
    Free Member

And then use a standard QR?

davebarrie
    Free Member

This might explain it best

It uses the Fox QR15.

The mounts fit inside the slider thingy on the workstand. Forks go over mounts, QR15 slides through as it would through a wheel.

neilwheel
    Free Member

That makes more sense.

IMO Easiest/neatest option would be to cut the lip on the adaptor down to the same diameter as the hub seats on the forks.

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Bodging a workstand mount…thoughts appreciated.’ is closed to new replies.