Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Bodgetrackworld – adding tile edging after the fact
  • tron
    Free Member

It’s a bank holiday, so as per tradition, it’s time to do some DIY.

The previous owner of my house retiled the bathroom, but never bothered putting edging on.

I’d like to put edging on, as it looks a lot better than siliconing between the edge of the tiles and the plaster 🙄

As far as I the sensible way to go about things is to fit edging strips when you tile the wall – are there any ways to stick a trim on now the tiles are actually on the wall? Preferably without trying to undercut the grout all the way around the edges of the tiles to add edging strip 🙂

andyl
    Free Member

Get an oscillating multi-tool if you do end up undercutting the grout.

Only other way I can think is trim the edging so it can butt up to the tiles and then glue it rather than using tile cement and then grout.

Saccades
    Free Member

Hacksaw blade held with thick gloves for the cheapo old fashioned version of an oscillating tool.

gears_suck
    Free Member

it looks a lot better than siliconing between the edge of the tiles and the plaster

The first time that’s done will be the last time you paint up to the tiles neatly.

hammyuk
    Free Member

Just regroup with a good flexible one and make a smooth edge.
    Easily paintable, doesn’t mark or scratch unlike the crap plastic that stuff is made from.
    Waterproof too.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Bodgetrackworld – adding tile edging after the fact’ is closed to new replies.