Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Bodge Jobs
  • chrisgibson
    Free Member

MrWhyte asked me to post this after seeing my attempt to keep a tyre going

(don’t know if the image works but the link should).

It got us thinking about the best/worst bodge jobs you have managed to produce.

For the record MrWhyte thinks it is the worst bodge he has seen, I am rather proud of it though.

*edit* I have made the old instagram public and it can be seen here as well.

dvatcmark
    Free Member

Done that before a couple of times, works every time

houndlegs
    Free Member

Braking rim split, few cable tie’s later and good for another 12 miles home 🙂[url=https://flic.kr/p/pukWin]IMG_20141216_161356[/url] by philipdixon36, on Flickr

[url=https://flic.kr/p/q9x9b5]IMG_20141216_160732[/url] by philipdixon36, on Flickr

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    wwaswas

was there not just a hint of brake judder houndlegs?

ti_pin_man
    Free Member

best bodge job I had done was late on a sunday I was about to drive back from newcastle to chester in an audi a6 estate, the exhaust went. nowhere was open. I pulled in next to a small shop which sold plants and a few car parts. I popped in and ask the fella behind the counter if he knew anywhere open. He came out to look and proceeded to lift the car with his fork lift, seperate the blown bit of tube, insert an inner metal tube then use bullring clips to put the outer rusted pieces over the top. Took him half an hour, 40 mins. Shook his hand and he patted me on the back and In got home no problem, very little extra noise, complete and total genius. Geordies, salt of the earth.

chrisgibson
    Free Member

that is impressive houndlegs, good bodging!

houndlegs
    Free Member

wwaswas, there may have been a bit of judder if I had’t disconnected the brake 😀 , and it was a good job I did because I forgot a few times and gave it a yank on the way home 😳

hooli

best bodge job I had done was late on a sunday I was about to drive back from newcastle to chester in an audi a6 estate, the exhaust went. nowhere was open. I pulled in next to a small shop which sold plants and a few car parts. I popped in and ask the fella behind the counter if he knew anywhere open. He came out to look and proceeded to lift the car with his fork lift, seperate the blown bit of tube, insert an inner metal tube then use bullring clips to put the outer rusted pieces over the top. Took him half an hour, 40 mins. Shook his hand and he patted me on the back and In got home no problem, very little extra noise, complete and total genius. Geordies, salt of the earth.

Similar one for me, on my first car I did a “temp” fix on a hole in the exhaust using a couple of cut open coke cans and jubilee clips. It was just to keep me going until I got paid but it lasted about 8 months until I sold the car, I suspect it was the newest part on that car by almost a decade!

craigxxl
    Free Member

Driving back from Germany in my old Capri when the exhaust went bang and some how cut through the fuel line too. Exhaust repaired with a coke can and insulation tape. Fuel line taped back together with insulation tape too. 300+ miles later with the car back in the UK it was booked into a garage for a new exhaust and fuel line.
    Was a bit alarmed when it was in for it’s BFG test back in Germany and was failed for the fuel line still being taped together as the garage had charged me for replacing but done nothing. Even more surprised that the bodge had lasted nearly a year and 1000’s of miles.

Deveron53
    Free Member

I had an old Saab 900 which decided to break it’s exhaust just after the centre box. The exposed broken end was pointing down and forwards, scraping on the road. I grabbed a jump lead from the rear footwell, opened the driver’s door, got my S.O. to open her door, I threw one end of the jump lead under the car towards her. So she’s holding one end of the jump lead, I’m holding the other. I shouted ‘pull!’, then ‘slam the door!’. So we completed the journey to the exhaust repair centre, waking everyone in Beverley.

globalti
    Free Member

The horn button on my motorbike went floppy and when I opened it up I found a spiral conical spring (like the springs on bike skewers but much smaller) behind the button had broken. No way was I ready to shell out a pile of cash for a complete new control cluster so I thought I’d have a go at fixing the spring. I wound up a small length of copper wire and shaped it into a cone then heated it in a flame and annealed in water it to make it stiff. Fitted it behind the horn button, reassembled the cluster and it worked fine and continued to work for a couple of years until I sold the bike. Great bodge.

Nobeerinthefridge
    Free Member

Last week @ Ciclo montana.

Second day of the holiday, One of our group had a wee issue resulting from under torqued Rotor bolts. Rotor loosened off, shot up into rear caliper resulting in the carbon rear swing arm liberating itself at the brake mount. Up pops Marco the legend with some cable ties and 50 thou wire.

Held perfectly all week. And thankfully, she never suffered a rear puntcure, as that would have been a pain!.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Bodge Jobs’ is closed to new replies.