Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Bobbin’ Rebas
  • FOG

The 09 100mm Rebas on my new bike bob like the red red robin even though they are locked out. They are OK when just pedaling but any attempt to get out of the saddle leads to much up and downy. I have adjusted the Floodgate thingy to the max but it still does it. Any bright ideas to stop them?

JxL
    Free Member

Hmm.. mine also bob (09 Team’s), but when locked out the very barely move at all, even when climbing up big hills with weight on the handlebars. When is your positive/negative pressure, and also your weight?

techsmechs
    Free Member

Don’t leap up and down on the bars when your out the saddle….

FOG

Just been out to the garage to check! Not used to all this pressure business as I have just moved from coilspring forks. POsitive damping was 110-120 but negative -which I had neglected to check previously- was 50.
    Is this the source of the problem? I am 13 1/2 stone but like the forks fairly soft.

JxL
    Free Member

after recently moving from coil forks I also thought there was too much travel/bobing, but actually its perfect! you get used to it quickly.

Your negative pressure is wayyy too low, there should only be 15% difference than your positive. Less bob – less negative pressure than positive, more responsive – more negative pressure than positive.

From the manual, according to your weight, the positive should be around 120-130 PSI.

I’m 65kg, and run my rebas at 100 psi positive, and 110psi negative (prefer more responsive forks).

robhughes
    Free Member

jlx.when you say more responsive,do you mean more small bump absorbsion or less,just got pike duel air playing around setting them up.

NZCol

Check the cable on the remote floodagte lockout thing, you might find its not tight enough so pull it through a bit more and lock it out again – that normally is the problem.

stuartie_c
    Free Member

Could it be the lockout threshold setting?

If it’s the basic SL models there is a gold-coloured cap on the right leg in the middle of the lockout adjuster. Remove this and adjust the threshold by sticking a 2.5mm Allen key inside – clockwise is stiffer.

(Based on 07 forks, but probably the same)

*EDIT – sorry – just re-read OP – you have already done this *

Surfr
    Free Member

I was going to ask a reba question so might aswell tag it on here. I keep finding that I’m nose diving badly after large steps, to the point where I’m on the verge of going over the bars. I should probably just pull the bars up and learn to drop properly but I’m sure I could ride them a little better if the work wasn’t compressing so much. I’m 14.5 stone and using 09 rebas as set from the shop. no fork pump to hand but I can get access to one. Anyone care to recommend a setting?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Bobbin’ Rebas’ is closed to new replies.