Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • Bob Mould
  • ratherbeintobago

Does anyone else find it a bit sad that the latest Bob Mould album has a sticker on the front listing his career highlights which states ‘has guested with the Foo Fighters’.

Do they not teach them about Zen Arcade in school any more?

Pigface
    Free Member

or any thing about Husker Du.

ratherbeintobago

or Sugar.

Mind you, his solo work’s largely good too. I’ve got ‘The Last Dog & Pony Show’ on the stereo at the mo; went to see him on that tour in Manchester and it was tremendous.

soobalias
    Free Member

from the title, i thought you were gonna tell me he kicked the bucket.

still reminds me i long since misplaced my copies of Copper Blue and Beaster

eviljoe
    Free Member

Glad he hasn’t kicked the bucket anyway!

Heard his latest single on 6 music the other day, it kicks ass!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8MdhsCeasBQ[/video]

must rush out and get the album, thanks for the reminder 🙂

RustySpanner

Bloody hell, you scared me there, thought he’d died.

Standing In The Rain, along with Sally Cinnamon is up there for the ‘Perfect Song’ award.

Pigface
    Free Member

Wow that’s a great song, thanks for posting that.

ratherbeintobago

Standing in the Rain on now.

Anyone know if Greg Norton is still a chef?

toby1

It might helps shift some copies – I’m still waiting on the album, but it seems to be great so far.

There are worse bands to have worked with too 🙂

bazwadah
    Free Member

Wow that’s a great song, thanks for posting that. +1

more and more i’m discovering artist and bands that I should have been listening to growing up, instead of the stuff I was actually listening to!. I only ever heard “a good idea” by Sugar, Bob Mould’s voice seams to have held up well.

eviljoe
    Free Member

You can’t go wrong with any of his back catalogue- he’s someone I’d really like to see live -perfect guitar sound:-)

Love the video too- expected him to grab a fat bike and ride off into the woods…

maccruiskeen

Bloody hell, you scared me there, thought he’d died.

So you read “latest Bob Mould” as “late Bob Mould” too? 🙂

al2000

If it helps hook people who might not have bothered otherwise, then it’s no bad thing.

If they then like what they hear, there’s plenty more to discover..

shakers
    Free Member

Saw Sugar live but never Husker Du. I have to confess I haven’t listened to either in a while. That might change tonight!

toxicsoks
    Free Member

How strange! Played New Day Rising, Everything Falls Apart and Zen Arcade CD’s last night at a ridiculous volume. Needles to say, Mrs Soks was NOT smiling……. 😉

RoterStern
    Free Member

Hüsker Dü are/ were one of my all time favourite bands. Saw them a few times back in the day as well as Sugar. Funnily enough I also re-living a few of the albums thanks to You tube last night, too. I suppose linking him to the Foo Fighters will bring him to a whole new audience who weren’t even born when HD or even Sugar were touring.

lister

I saw him back in June, playing Copper Blue live non-stop 🙂 He then played some new stuff from Silver Age and finished off with some Husker Du stuff and solo songs.

Cracking gig, couldn’t hear for 2 days!

Get on Amazon and buy Silver Age. It’s his best stuff since Sugar (and I’m a big fan of his latest solo works).

hels
    Free Member

Probably some lamo marketing person wrote the sleeve notes. I still have Copper Blue on fairly high rotate, it just never gets old.

Now off to Amazon to buy the new one…

toxicsoks
    Free Member

Merry Christmas!

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ieb_T9ylY4o[/video]

zippykona

That sounds good. Can someone clever put up 8 Miles High.

Pigface
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7RH8Hkf1PA[/video]

Pigface
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xBKyBlJ_JN8[/video]

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘Bob Mould’ is closed to new replies.