Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Bob Dylan playing a few dates in london – snag is….
  • xcgb
    Free Member

72 friggin quid! for a standing ticket at Hammy odeon

it’s with Mark Knoppler too, but 72 Quid!!!!!!!!!!

Maybe not then

camo16
    Free Member

For Dylan circa Blood on the Tracks I’d fork 72 friggin quid… Not sure he’s worth that kind of cash anymore, much as I’d love to see him live.

angryratio
    Free Member

Festivals seem good value when people charge this sort of amount.

Both worth seeing though..

sweepy
    Free Member

And theres every chance he’ll just stand there like a surly child and put no effort in.

xcgb
    Free Member

I would like to see him – never have but i just hate feeling i’m being ripped!

I guess i never will then

RustySpanner

sweepy – Member
    And theres every chance he’ll just stand there like a surly child and put no effort in.

He seems to have improved on that front recently.

Van Morrison however is a bitter, miserable old walrus who should be made to apologise personally for the lack of respect he shows his back catalogue and his audiences.
    Nasty man.

mastiles_fanylion
    Free Member

Nice to see he is being true to his beliefs and not selling out to ‘The Man’.

grievoustim
    Free Member

If I had a time machine I would make it my priority to go see late 60s Dylan and early 70s van Morrison live

I have live CDs of them both to suggest they were amazing back then

I have 0 desire to go and see them in their current overpriced, awkward guises.

Duggan

Nice to see he is being true to his beliefs and not selling out to ‘The Man’.

What beliefs? He’s never proclaimed to be anything other than a guy who sings songs.

Still, £72 is a LOT of money. I’d love to see him and I suppose I’d spend it, not sure if I can spare it at this exact moment though 🙁

cinnamon_girl

If I had a time machine I would make it my priority to go see late 60s Dylan and early 70s van Morrison live

I saw Van Morrison live in 1973 … it truly was an amazing experience. 8)

Edit: I have seen Van Morrison since but he’s continually evolving, as a legend should. Still play his really old stuff, have around 50 of his albums!

stevenmenmuir
    Free Member

Saw Neil Young a few years ago in Edinburgh. Think the tickets were a similar price and i remember thinking it was a lot of money. But he was worth it, it was possibly the best gig I’ve ever been to. It was also nice to see the touts having a quiet night, they had no tickets to sell and nobody was selling to them.

racefaceec90

JUDAS! 🙂 sorry 😳

uwe-r
    Free Member

Definitely not worth it. He toured uk about 10 years ago and was rubbish mixing up his songs and lyrics, not in some stylistic way but because his brain is fried.

People will go just to say they have been.

Save your money.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

The man is a has been.

xcgb
    Free Member

uwe-r
    I guess the telling thing is that he’s only at Hammy Odeon not a bigger venue but that just makes the price even more ridiculous

maybe it wont sell out but i suspect you are right folks will go to say they have seen the man

timc
    Free Member

bet it sells out = fair price

Cougar

You’ve got it all backwards.

Mark Knopfler’s playing a few gigs, snag is, he’s got Bob Dylan with him (and it’s in London).

cinnamon_girl

OK, can I just dispel some ageist myths? Just cos a person is over 50 or more, don’t write them off!

I don’t know about Dylan but Van can still write some half-decent words. Artistes evolve – they shouldn’t stay in the 60’s or whatever era they first appeared in.

But I think ticket prices are outrageous and personally wouldn’t bother.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

OK, can I just dispel some ageist myths? Just cos a person is over 50 or more, don’t write them off!

I don’t know about Dylan but Van can still write some half-decent words. Artistes evolve – they shouldn’t stay in the 60’s or whatever era they first appeared in.

But I think ticket prices are outrageous and personally wouldn’t bother.

drugs rot ur brain!

cinnamon_girl

drugs rot ur brain!

😆

but so can alcohol.

jumpupanddown
    Free Member

but so can alcohol.

Its drugs that rotted mine

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Bob Dylan playing a few dates in london – snag is….’ is closed to new replies.