Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 199 total)
  • Bob Crow dead
  • allthepies
    Free Member

According to BBC

wwaswas

He was a proper old school union leader. I think we need more of them.

(photo from: http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk/home-news/breaking-rmt-leader-bob-crow-dies-age-52-9183607.html

martinhutch

Way too young. Whatever you thought of his political stance.

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member
    grum
    Free Member

Wish I’d been in his union! RIP.

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Rip an end of an era which is a topic not for this thread.

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Sad loss.

kimbers

shame, definitely not many willing to stand up against the corporations like him`

gogg
    Free Member

Bumped off by Boris??

binners

RIP. Thats a really sad loss. If there had been anyone who you’d want fighting for you, he’d be the man 😥

IHN

Wow. I heard him on R4 just yesterday evening, not sure I agreed with his politics but seemed like a decent fella.

johnners
    Free Member

A man who never forgot that his job was to look after the best interests of RMT members. He’ll be sorely missed.

hilldodger
    Free Member

Dancing shoes polished, let there be music……….

kimbers

stay classy hilldodger 😉

Lifer
    Free Member

RIP, did what he was supposed to do for his members.

Scamper
    Free Member

Yes, listened to his interview on radio 4 last night and it many ways he came across well

mikewsmith
    Free Member

Don’t drop to the level of some in here hilldodger. He was still a man despite his politics.

Pigface
    Free Member

He was a hero and a top bloke in my book, beligerent and bolshy but a fantastic union leader who fought for his members, RIP Bob Crow

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Too young. Didn’t always agree with some of his stuff, but RIP.

gazza100

Hilldodger, you come across as a bit of a cock.

Northwind

Terrible shame that, very young… Massive boots to fill too.

ninfan
    Free Member

Politics aside, he certainly fought for his members, and its a shame for anyone to be lost so young, a tragedy for his family.

Still, council house vacancy in London…

wwaswas

from ?@paulmasonnews on twitter;

Bob Crow memories: on night he was elected (2002) he refused to come on Newsnight, or even to phone, as was “down the pub” with RMT members

can’t imagine many politicians choosing to be with their electorate over a TV appearance.

Rockape63
    Free Member

52 yrs old….scary stuff!

Didn’t like him or his beliefs, but that’s no age to pop yer clogs!

kimbers

ninfan – Member
    Still, council house vacancy in London…

yeah he shouldve exercised his right to by and contributed to fatchas housing crisis legacy 😉

allthepies
    Free Member

Lovely image 🙂

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Am going to assume (in hope) that Hilldodger’s comment was an attempt at some sort of wit around the way that many on the left greeted and anticipated Thatcher’s death. It was, however, either tasteless or unfunny, so failed on both counts for me.

Not a man I agreed with, but he did his job well. Doesn’t deserve any scorn or hatred, though.

racefaceec90

for some reason until recently i am embarrassed to admit that i thought bob crow was the australian prime minister 😳 you can tell i keep up with world/current events 😳

r.i.p bob

freeagent
    Free Member

RIP – probably the best of his generation – and you’d have certainly wanted him on your side..

I didn’t agree with his politics, but he certainly had more backbone than 90% of those in politics today (yes – I know he wasn’t technically ‘in politic’)

52 is way too young.

ninfan
    Free Member

Great comment from Dan Hodges:

The reason Bob Crow was successful was because he chose to be an industrial rather than political trade union leader.

Seen alongside Mclusky and the Unite shenanigans at Falkirk etc. – I think this hits the nail on the head.

wwaswas

At Covent Garden Tube station;

bungle

DailyMash article already

Oh shit, say tube drivers

Somewhat poor taste?

geoffj

Somewhat poor taste?

If you read it, I think there is underlying respect in it.

RIP

jon1973
    Free Member

why post a link to it then?

MoreCashThanDash

Like Dennis Skinner, I disagree with his politics but have to admire the way they fight for their people. And too young to die.

rogerthecat
    Free Member

May not have agreed with almost anything he said but he was a man of conviction, stood firmly for what he believed in, wish there were many more in the political arena with as much backbone as him. And, 52 is too young for anyone to die.

Philby

Whether you agreed or disagreed with his political stance, he did the job he was paid for very well – perhaps others should take a leaf out of his book! RIP.

tomhoward

If you read it, I think there is underlying respect in it.

This. RIP

hora
    Free Member

Bit of a shock and we don’t know his lifestyle/diet etc but 52 is too young for someone to go.

RIP. I’ve no idea on his policies etc etc and I for one would never dance on anyones grave or revel in their death.

jambalaya
    Free Member

Never good to hear of anyone passing young. A relative of mine works on the tube, he’s very well paid with generous work terms and a gold plated pension, so for that he can thank the fact the tube in Unionised. The rest of us as passengers have to pay high ticket prices as a result. Seems bizarre to me a Union leader can earn £100k plus plus plus and live in a council/subsidised house.

Another friend went to School with Bob Crow, he didn’t have anything good to say about him.

Viewing 40 posts - 1 through 40 (of 199 total)

The topic ‘Bob Crow dead’ is closed to new replies.