Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Boardman Team FS or…
  • sbodle
    Free Member

I’m looking to spend about £1000 on a bike to mainly cycle around the Chilterns. Was going to get a Spec rockhopper pro but am now thinking about a Boardman team full susp. Wondered if there were any strong views either way??
    Thanking you.

speaker2animals

The strong views will be from the Halfords haters. Go for it!

wwaswas

have a look at Canyon too – getting some very good write ups currently.

stanfree
    Free Member

I had the same predicament and ending up going for a Canyon Nerve xc 5 , the final straw was going Into Halfords last Friday and having to Interrupt to sales assistants asking “Any Idea when the new Boardman F/s team Is in stock?”. The bored looking assistant replied “Pass , Haven’t a clue mate!”.
    The reviews of Canyon seem great and also seem pretty light as well , Happy hunting.

steve_b77
    Free Member

If you’ve got a decent bike hut near you go for the Boardman.

Tiger6791

My Rockhopper got nicked, I got a Team FS to replace it. Fancied FS and insurance paid out in Halfords vouchers.

Both are great bikes but after owning both and if I had to choose one again I’d go for the Boardman.

It’s a great bike.

speaker2animals

Stanfree – did you go to a Bikehut that actually sells Boardman Bikes? Not all do (well they do if you order them but there are specific stockists). When I asked the assistant in my closest Bikehut he told me that they didn’t stock them but could get them and as a result they didn’t carry much information. He recommended the web site or pointed me to my nearest appointed dealer.

stanfree
    Free Member

SPeaker2animals It was the bikehut In Seafield , Edinburgh and they are Boardman stockists. Dont get me wrong Im not knocking all Halfords as I bought my old GT Aggressor from Halfords at Straighton a few years back and there sales guy and mechanic both new there stuff.
    My point is the guys attitude obviously cost him a bike sale , Most LBS and even the bigger outlets like Edinburgh Bike coop will give you there full attention as they are small business or in the case of EBC actually have an Interest In bikes and what they are selling.

GiantJaunt
    Free Member

I wouldn’t let disinterested staff put me off buying an absolute bargain. Many bike shop staff can be complete xxxxx, Halfords is no exception.

stanboardman
    Free Member

Boardman Team FS is a cracking bike. Not much to beat it £ for £. Love mine.

sbodle
    Free Member

Thanks for the ideas. Will go and try out a boardman.

ChunkyMTB
    Free Member

Get the Boardman. Great bike and VFM.

Plus it annoys the hell out of the brand snobs here – which is a real bonus.

RichPenny
    Free Member

Orange 5

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Team FS or…’ is closed to new replies.