Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)
  • Boardman Team FS – No longer on Halfords website…..
  • rickt
    Free Member

Boardman Team FS – No longer on Halfords website..

Does that mean the 2014 is due out to replace the 2012/2013 model ?? Anyone know? 650b? New design? Or have Halfords just dropped it from their range ??

Just looking for options for the CTWS for a mate. Spec for spec etc and this bike always seems to get praise……

Cheers

dantsw13

Boardman normally work on a 2yr model cycle, so it is due soon.

rickt
    Free Member

Cheers, thought as much… Will be interesting to see what they produce fs and cost wise…

rickt
    Free Member

Just had a look on the Halfords site and they are promo’ing the last 2011/2012 MTB bikes… wont be long before them 2014 ones are out at a guess via Halfords..

bikeneil
    Free Member

You could always email them, no?

jolmes
    Free Member

Someone let slip all the internal documents on Bike radar forums even though we were told that not to show them to the general public…all the details on the 2014 bikes are there in the general mtb forum.

http://www.bikeradar.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=10002&t=12941098

Jamie
    Free Member

Now to find the leaked info on the 2014 CX bikes….

rickt
    Free Member

Cheers for the link

Rick

chakaping
    Free Member

Now to find the leaked info on the 2014 CX bikes….

Halfords bloke told me “upgraded spec, still under a grand”.

Care to comment Jolmes?

Jamie
    Free Member

Halfords bloke told me “upgraded spec, still under a grand”.

All I know is they have a new paint job…well according to this post over on bikeradar.

ave just seen the 2014 boardman CX team in the local halfords. Spec wise it’s seems identical except it looks to have gotten much better tyres (deeper more agressive tread certainly), and slightly different wheels (looked heavier). paint wise it’s clear coated aluminium with lots of red (and blue). intitally it is very flash looking but looks to still be the same frame essentially. think one will tire of looking at it quickly enough though and think the subtle grey colour will look better for longer..

chakaping
    Free Member

I thought you said you sold one as the small was too big for you?

Were you hoping the sizing would change?

Jamie
    Free Member

Were you hoping the sizing would change?

Would have considered a second look if they had changed the frame, or brought out an XS frame size. To be honest, given Boardman run 2 year product cycles, I am surprised a change of paint is the biggest difference from the old model.

jolmes
    Free Member

I’ll have a look today at work, they are due out next week as far as we’ve been told. IIRC the CX was cheaper that last years model but don’t quote me on that just yet, I may be wrong.

RustySpanner

Jamie, which bike did you eventually go for?

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ll have a look today at work, they are due out next week as far as we’ve been told.

Cheers

🙂

Jamie
    Free Member

I’ll have a look today at work, they are due out next week as far as we’ve been told.

Email in profile for the catalogue scans 8)

jolmes
    Free Member

From looking in the brochure, they are cheaper, available in Comp and Team (649.99 and 899.99 respective prices) spec is currently better for the new models, mavic wheelset on the Team and Rapid Robs (700×35). Should be coming on the website on the 2nd Oct I’ve been told.

Jamie
    Free Member

Cheers for that, jolmes.

If you get the chance, and all these relate to the CX Team:

Is the Geo the same as previous models?

Full carbon fork still?

What brakes/groupset?

What should I have for tea?

jolmes
    Free Member

Tea – today is toad in the hole day.

Groupset, Sram Apex with KMCx10 chain and fsa gossamer compact (50/34t) PF30 bb and avid bb5 road mechs 160m rotors

Full carbon forks

Not sure on geo, no data on it yet with the brochure.

Jamie
    Free Member

Sram Apex

Bum 🙁

avid bb5

Double Bum 🙁

…and I didn’t hear from you, so had a pizza. Will have TITH tomorrow night.

jolmes
    Free Member

Yeah sorry, had to go pick up a new frame 🙂 TITH was waiting for me when I got home!

chakaping
    Free Member

Thanks jolmes.

I’m looking forward to seeing this exciting new “colourway” now.

🙂

rickt
    Free Member

These bikes ever going on sale or what ? 🙂

rickt
    Free Member

Just having another look and the MTB’s Boardmans are on there now..

Boardman Bikes are now all on the site – The Mountain Bike Team Full Suspension 650B 2014 – £999 plus 10% off this weekend is not a bad buy

simmy
    Free Member

There’s the full range of 2014 Boardmans in the Blackpool store, just about the only Halfords I know that actually have a good idea on Bikes.

No spec sheets on the Bikes yet, but I did notice there wasn’t any 26″ wheels…………

Bloody good looking Bikes so I will be interested to weigh up the Groupset and Equipment specs on them, got to admit to just looking at them and walking away fast as I’m very tempted by a Road Bike but I’ve an House to do up first.

Viewing 26 posts - 1 through 26 (of 26 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Team FS – No longer on Halfords website…..’ is closed to new replies.