• This topic has 20 replies, 12 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by m360.
Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Boardman Team Fs 650b recall
  • mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Anyone know owt about a recall on the above bike?

Halfords are being a bit weird. They mentioned something about a possible recall today but couldn’t tell me what it was for. Got home this eve, to a message stating they are struggling to find anything about it, but are looking at getting me one of the new full suss Boardman bikes.

Their communication is very very weird.

bikeneil
    Free Member

What do you expect from a car parts outlet. Pop along to a proper bike shop. I guess that’s why my local lbs doesn’t stock Citroën C3 oil filters.

scunny
    Free Member

What do you expect from a car parts outlet. Pop along to a proper bike shop. I guess that’s why my local lbs doesn’t stock Citroën C3 oil filters.

Utter bollocks. I thought the Halford’s bashing would have died down years ago. Do you think the vague recall info is purely because it’s a cycling item? I’m pretty sure a large successful company like Halfords could do a pretty good job of relaying information regardless of the product.

bikeneil
    Free Member

Not a bash at halfords per see, just at big multi chain companies who are more interested in screwing their suppliers, maximising profits and paying minimum wage instead of knowledgeable staff and customer service. To me, that’s what success is all about. But unfortunately, today it’s more to do with filling the shareholders already overflowing pockets and less to do with the requirements and expectations of your customers.

monkeychild
    Free Member

maximising profits and paying minimum wage instead of knowledgeable staff

Pretty sure I’ve been in a few other bike shops like that!! (not chains either)

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

I work for halfrauds bikehut and have not seen any product recalls come through regarding the Boardman Team Fs 650b. Not been in to work today so I may be wrong.

Junkyard
    Free Member

Ta but more importantly do you know **** all about bikes and have you been screwing us all over to make shit loads of money for the shareholders?
    Well ….HAVE YOU?

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Me personally I haven’t screwed anyone over. Yet.! I know a lot about bikes which helps but the mechanic who I work with would put most to shame. Its like working with Obi-Wan Kenobi. I shit you not.

Junkyard
    Free Member

they know their stuff in my local one though i only nip in when the kids are having swimming lessons [ it is next door]

Northwind

bikeneil – Member

less to do with the requirements and expectations of your customers.

Which sounds great til you look at the bikes and realise what ridonkulous value they are.

captain-slow
    Free Member

Sorry for going off topic OP, but…

Halfords just like a shop shock!

My experience over the last 12 months has been that if you need a basic part they are likely to have it on display at a reasonable price, but if you want anything they consider niche (like a 10 speed connector link) then you are going to be disappointed.

In addition and more importantly each store seems to have one member of staff who really knows bikes and cares about customers. You just have to find them.

Had exceptional service in Bridgend a couple of weeks ago and repeated good service in Bracknell. Still to locate the good staff in Reading stores…

Harry_the_Spider

Middlebrook is OK too.

Sticking it to “The Man” eh? It is like a 6th form common room in here at times 🙄

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Sticking it to “The Man” eh? It is like a 6th form common room in here at times

Junkyard
    Free Member

It is like a 6th form common room in here at times

OOOHHH the teachers pet prefect is back then …….get her 😉

chip
    Free Member

Has there been a recall or not, op what made you think there may be one.

Robert Lindsey must live local to me as I have seen him in the vets ,
    And when he left I came very close to giving him the peoples salute.
    But thought he might not have found it as funny as I would.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Has there been a recall or not, op what made you think there may be one.

Like I said I was in work on Friday and didn’t see any info on a recall.

I may be wrong and I am more often than not.

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Sorry for delay. The reason i think there is one is due to My Local halfords being very weird about my bike and stating there is one even though they don’t know why.

My bike has gone in as one of my right hand pivot bolt keeps undoing, and i have a BB sounding creak. They have stated that there is a delay on parts at the moment but they have one on order. I waited over a week and went back into see them, to see what was happening. No BB had even been ordered for me. I kicked off… at this point they mentioned the possible recall, they would try to find out more and get back to me. I got home and had an answer machine message, stating that they hadnt been able to get much more information but they were going to try and source me a new bike!?

Its just a bottom bracket and a pivot bolt that needs replacing! Crazy!

Going to speak to them again today, and see if i can get any firther information. I fail to understand how they can know about a recall on a bike (based on another customers bike, they have in the back) but not know why!?

I love my boardman bike very much, but Halfords are a very odd company to deal with.

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Jesus…. Ok…. Shop confusion. They have said its an internal recall now. Serious communication break down. 🙂 Hopefully were are all on the same page now, and hopefully bike will be getting sorted soon 🙂

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Internal recall, by the way, is something to do with low stock. So head office recall them, so they can provide them to online/other customers waiting for them. Its not down to a problem with the bikes.

hounslow
    Free Member

We’ve had that from time to time, helps us out as it’s usually on old stock we aren’t shifting.

m360
    Free Member

Internal recall, by the way, is something to do with low stock.

Stock consolidation is the correct term, not recall. Stupid thing is you could probably go and click and collect the parts and they’d be sent right back to your local store 🙄

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Team Fs 650b recall’ is closed to new replies.