Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • Boardman Team Fs 650b 2014
  • mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Does anyone know how I find out what I need, and where I would get a bottom bracket from for the above bike?

Halfords are telling me if it is broke, it’s a wear and tear item, and they are already hard to get hold of in a decent time. It’s a brand new bike Ffs! Haha

Any pointers would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks people
    MMM

ssbnreso
    Free Member

It’s one of these:
    Bottom Bracket FSA Mega Exo 68mm Shell

According to this:
    http://www.boardmanbikes.com/mtb/fs_team650b.html

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Cheers… I’ve typed that into the Internet and I get a few results. Will there be only one bottom bracket usable, or is it just the 68mm measurement I need to be looking for?

Pretty new to bike maintenence but trying to learn… 🙂

Many thanks
    MMM

monkeychild
    Free Member

A shimano hollow tech 2 bb will work with that Chainset. Or do yourself a favour and bin it!! Buy a deore one, the comets are gash (as are the BBs (had one on my Salsa and have a bb30 one on my Boardman pro 29er) Swapped for SLX

olly2097
    Free Member

Agreed. Shite.

Replaced my comet one with a slx/xt one

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Cheers all!

I’m confused where “Comet” has come from? Is that what i have now?

Cheers

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Ahhh ok, so i think i understand, now. Comet is the model of the crank and rings up front? If i changed that, would that not mean, changing all the gearing setup at the rear also?

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

New Bottom bracket on order under warranty. ‘See how long this one lasts. 🙂

johnnystorm

Changing the chainset to a different one wouldn’t necessarily mean changing the rest of the transmission. Not that I’d bother until it’s worn out.

spawnofyorkshire

You wouldn’t need to change the rest of the transmission, but you would need to shorten the chain down by a few links because the shimano ones come with smaller chainrings.

The shimano bottom brackets don’t quite work with the fsa axle. Even though they both say they are the same size, the FSA axle is a mm or two wider in diameter so would need forcing in

I’ve been through all this with my 2012 Team FS an now run a new Deore 38/26 crankset and XTR bottom bracket

mistermoleymole
    Free Member

Ahh i see thanks all.

monkeychild
    Free Member

forcing in

Grease and a lovetap from a lump hammer is all it needs 😀

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Team Fs 650b 2014’ is closed to new replies.