• This topic has 7 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 10 years ago by cp.
Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Boardman Team CX – should I?
  • winston_dog
    Free Member

Boardman Team CX £720

Is this a good deal?

Really fancy a cross bike that can take a rack and has discs.

Is this a good deal? Whats Sram Apex like? I generally prefer Shimano, I have found Sram is made of cheese on my MTB’s in the past.

Any similar deals out there?

notmyrealname
    Free Member

Yes.
    I picked one up a couple of weeks ago and been pretty impressed with it so far, even managed to race it in a novice category CX race at the weekend which was a good laugh.

If you know anyone with British Cycling membership, you can use the 10% BC discount voucher along with the promo price. Mine worked out at about £640 with the discounts!

If you want to give it a try, fire me an email and I’ll mail you a voucher 🙂

winston_dog
    Free Member

email sent! Many thanks!

I’ll let you know if I get it past the “procurement tsar”!

chakaping
    Free Member

Yeah I have the newer version, like it a lot.

I’m also a shimano man for MTB stuff, but the Sram road stuff seems solid enough and is quite pleasant to use – plus lightweight.

You can join BC and then get your discount when you go to collect and pay, if there’s one in a shop near you.

cp

as above, the BC voucher has to be in your name and only on collections, though web discounts for reserving online and paying in store also apply. The bike does have to be in stock in the store for it all to work though…

steve_b77
    Free Member

Yeah, I’ve got one.

The Apex is really good, the BB30 is crap though, mines seized after a whole months of use 👿

Huwzy
    Free Member

Got one too and very happy, give it a good going over when you get it mine had minor assembly issues.

cp

I should also have added to the voices of support… I love mine! Incredibly versatile, very nice riding, nice spec (though I’m shimano through and through so mine has 105 shifters and rear mech).

Not had any issues with BB30 on mine. I’ve got spare bearings ready to go just in case, but haven’t had the need to use them yet.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Team CX – should I?’ is closed to new replies.