Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)
  • Boardman road bike
  • Conqueror
    Free Member

Any opinions on the Boardman road bikes?

Ive never owned a road bike before.

Ive now got a halfords voucher and im thinking over using it toward the Boardman Road Comp Bike which is currently reduced.

Ive seen a few giant defys go on ebay, been watching them, but the buyers havent achieved much of a saving over buying new – which surprised me a bit.

adscatt
    Free Member

I have a Comp which i got on the C2W scheme last december, never had a road bike before & i er….love it,use it for commuting & even the extended commutes home,has really helped my fitness for MTB’ing too. The standard conti ultra sport tyres are rubbish for punctures but all other kit has been very good VFM, buy one.

flange100
    Free Member

got boardman comp 2 years ago cant fault it so far , apart from the tyres it comes with

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    Conqueror
    Free Member

Do you know if it can take guards like the defy?

thomthumb
    Free Member

had one for about 3 years. is my first ‘proper’ modern road bike. had a 1989 raleigh and a steel fixed wheel before.

not much to compare to it but i like it. stems are on the long side for the bikes, so if you are at the shorter end of the fit you may need to size down.

the bar tape is also the cheapest thinnest stuff i’ve ever seen (nice for racing maybe? but not good for training.)

ritchey wheels seem to have a bad rep for spokes unwinding but mine are bang on after thousands of miles and generally not being looked after too well, jumping off kerbs etc.

not sure the brakes have clearance for guards.

ronjeremy
    Free Member

Another Boarman Comp here, can’t fault it, currently equipped with Crud Road Guards, and they have done the job well over the winter, also agree about the bar tape, but I just overwrapped it with some more

bigG
    Free Member

I’ve got the carbon one, love it. Lighter and stiffer than many road frames out on the club rides.

Bar tape & saddles are woeful, but relatively cheap to sort. Other kit on the bike is top notch.

I did have some problems with spokes unwinding but a session with big al @ wheelcraft soon sorted them out (just don’t ask him for black spokes)

G

Viewing 7 posts - 1 through 7 (of 7 total)

The topic ‘Boardman road bike’ is closed to new replies.