Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Boardman Pro – Thoughts (again)
  • foxyrider
    Free Member

Looked through last posts but anyone got one and had it for a while – thoughts? Mate wants to get one on the RWS 🙂

Cheers Rich

rOcKeTdOg

it not a kinesis though is it 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

cheeky get 😉

foxyrider
    Free Member

Anyone got a Boardman?

clubber
    Free Member

No but I have ridden a few if them (the alu and the carbon ones)

Basically they're brilliant VFM and ride well. Unless you care about the brand or you really know what you're looking for in a road bike then the Boardman will always be a good choice.

My only real issues (and these are very picky and minor) are that I don't like the SRAM shifters (but that's personal preference – others seem to like them), the saddle is very narrow and seems not to suit many people IME and finally, the handling is a touch more neutral than I like.

EDIT – ignore all the above. I was talking about the road bikes 😳

I have ridden the FS one though and that's amazing for the money – again, maybe a little too neutral for my preferences but that's really being picky for the money.

nicko74

By all accounts it's an excellent bike for the money, and the spec is fantastic at its price. Plus they're available in Halfrods, so easy to access through RWS.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Sorry I meant HT one (sorry didn't specify) 🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

If you have an irrational desire for a carbon frame just for the sake of it then yes, otherwise, buy a cannondale CAAD9.

Tiger6791

Got a team Full Susser done 400 miles on it so far in standard form.

Insurance gave me Halfords vouchers as payout so choice was limited.

It's okay, killer spec headline spec. I wish I'd got the hardtail Pro.

I like it, I don't love it therefore it may change it (by that I mean buy a new frame, maybe a Kinesis and drop the bits onto it)

foxyrider
    Free Member

Its for a mate who can only use Hallfrots for the RWS so limits range available 🙂 I guess he could always swap out the frame at a later date if necc 🙂

Xan
    Free Member

I have the HT Pro that I use for a XC racing/local trail bike (and recently commuting). VFM it can not be beat and it is a beautiful bike to ride. I have given a shot of this to people with HT twice the price of the Boardman and they love it. IMO it is a Sub 25lbs £1800 spec'd bike (based on a few Cubes and Lapierres I also looked at) for £1000 (or £850 with my works discount, as it wasn't bought through CTW)

I feel that frame if built a bit small so make sure you check sizing properly.

foxyrider
    Free Member

cheers dudes – I'll send this to my mate 🙂

5lab

If you have an irrational desire for a carbon frame just for the sake of it then yes, otherwise, buy a cannondale CAAD9.

that's all well and good, except the frame isn't carbon? the equivilent carrera is though

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Pro – Thoughts (again)’ is closed to new replies.