• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by sync.
Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Boardman Pro 29er any good?
  • theoallen
    Free Member

So I’m looking to get a new bike and quite fancy the Boardman Pro 29er http://www.halfords.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductMobileDisplay?catalogId=10151&langId=-1&categoryId=165499&productId=1173726&storeId=10001

Is this any good? Could I be getting better? I will be getting it in the Halfords cycle to work scheme and have £1000 to spend? I know other retailers accept these but j haven’t found a bike that looks as well specced out as this.

I will be riding trails and XC 🙂

lazybike
    Free Member

Halfords do a test ride scheme, not sure if it’s all stores so check first..may as well give one a spin 🙂

sync
    Free Member

Yes its good, really good and crazy spec for the money imo. I had a blast on one and they have it dialled this year. But lol they go 29 with 120mm travel as the industry goes back to 27.5. Very light as well and proper 1 x 11.

Be aware like the other night halfords do flash 10% off sales periodically, usually twice per month and a 2 hour window. Click and collect for the discount. Was 900 the other day because of this. But I guess as ctw not an otion.

theoallen
    Free Member

Awesome I think I’m sold then 🙂 I think I can use British Cycling 10% discount anyway so not a problem 🙂

sync
    Free Member

Loads of rear tyre clearance so although no boost could take 27.5+ 2.8 at least.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Pro 29er any good?’ is closed to new replies.