Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Boardman Pro 29 HT- any good?
  • codybrennan
    Free Member

Hey all…

I’m about to possibly buy one of these- kind of use for me is mostly XC, occasional trail centres, longish routes when I can. I’m not especially gnar:

http://www.halfords.com/cycling/bikes/mountain-bikes/boardman-mountain-bike-pro-hardtail-29er-2014

Halfords are reluctant to let me have one for a few hours; pedalling one round the shop, it felt pretty good.

Any real-world experiences to tell? It will probably be the 16″ to suit my 5′ 8″ height- and it will be my first 29er.

Suggsey
    Free Member

My mate has one only ridden a few times and he may be selling in your size as he’s just bought another fat bike I’ve emailed him, he rode it last night and it went well enough for me to struggle to keep up on my 26″ wheels! 😉

monkeychild
    Free Member

I’m similar height and ride a 16″ I have upgraded the wheels as I already had them (std wheels are fine though) and it’s bloody ace!!!
    I’ve 24 hour raced it, xc raced it and trail centred it and it rides a treat!!! Haggle them down on price I got mine for less than £700. It’s replaced a Salsa El Mariachi.

codybrennan
    Free Member

Sounds good 🙂

I’ve got BC membership so that will help.

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I got one, it’s awesome. Love it only thing Id change is the saddle, and maybe the tyres as they are shocking on wet roots. But otherwise a great bike. I wasn’t sure about getting it at first, because it’s a boardman and from halfords. But hey I started working for them, and it looks sexy!

codybrennan
    Free Member

It does seem well regarded Ashley; I’ve had loads of Boardman road bikes and they’ve all been great, and for the money its hard to beat. I’ll maybe put my dropper on too- tyres I’ll definitely change, ta.

tortoisenothair
    Free Member

Great spec, great bike.
    remember 10% of for british cycling {worth joining for that alone]

or 10% of with O2 Priortiy

ashleydwsmith
    Free Member

I was thinking about a dropper but can honestly say i dont miss it!

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Pro 29 HT- any good?’ is closed to new replies.