Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Boardman hybrid bikes V the roadrat
  • saladdodger
    Free Member

I am tempted with a Boardman hybrid cos the bang for yer buck is superb and as much as I would like a roadrat I could not build anywhere near the spec of a Boardman for the cost

Any opinions please

jon1973
    Free Member

I bought the Boardman Hybrid Team last year and I very pleased with it. No complaints at all – I'd definitely recommend it..

Nainosliw
    Free Member

Bought a flat barred 'long' 'Rat a year or so ago. I run it as a fast commuter with 23mm slicks on 700 rims.

Come from a MTB background, not a roadie, but have to say I love it. The only roadie comparison I can make is with a Trek Portland, which I've ridden a bit including a few longer rides and I muich prefer the Rat. Also made me understand the 'steel is real' camp – just that little bit more compliant and less buzzy.

Dunno if that helps any, as I'm not in the market for a Boardman, so I've not done any serious comparisons.

magowen100
    Free Member

If you like the roadrat then get an older steel frame (with disc mounts) slap in 700C wheels and put a 29er exotic carbon fork in the front. Somewhere I've seen some piccys of an Inbred with 700C wheel in and I think it looks ok. I'm even tempted to do a 'Highlander' (there can be only one…) thing with my Soul and put 700C wheels in for commuting duties (with rigid fork) and keep the knobblies and a bouncy fork for the weekends.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘Boardman hybrid bikes V the roadrat’ is closed to new replies.