Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • Boardman FS Team Troubles
  • Bootsie
    Free Member

Any one else got one 2011 model
    I’ve had mine about 3 months already had rear mech faliure
    Now suspension bushes have worn out whole back end wobbles around
    At least this time when i phoned Halfords i didn’t get asked if i rode off road

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Whats a rear mech failure?
    Bushes are meant to wear out

Bootsie
    Free Member

Rear mech Failure , broken spring
    Worn out bushes After 3 months ? Would’ve expected longer

Trailseeker
    Free Member

Bushes are meant to wear out

In three months? 🙄

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

Whats 3 months? I ride my mtb about once every 2-3 weeks. Others ride theirs everyday. Some in the sunshine, some ride in awful conditions. Too many variables.

A broken spring in a rear mech is a bit unlucky, take it back to the shop.

Shock bushes are consumables though,.

neninja
    Free Member

Have the bushes worn out or just require tightening? Were the bushes tightened after a break in period as they often need to be?

You can’t really blame Boardman for a 3rd party rear mech failure. That could happen on any bike (a mates X7 shifter on his Boardman packed in after only a month although to be fair Halfords replaced it with an X9)

wwaswas

What have Halfords said about the bushes?

Rear mech is ‘just one of those things’, in all probability, but you should expect more from the frame itself.

foxyrider
    Free Member

Have the bushes worn out or just require tightening?

+1

Rorschach
    Free Member

Suspension bushes or just the shock eyelet reducers ? You should see about the tyres wearing down whilst you’re at it.

Bootsie
    Free Member

Bike has done a fair bit but not to much
    two afan trips in rain
    once weekly 25 mile rides
    twice weekly 9 mile lunch time blasts
    odd weekend hour blast
    Bolts checked after couple of rides
    then quick check every week
    bike goes back in on sat to be looked at and then discussed with head office

Rear mech , was replaced no problem by halfords , they did ask if i eanted x9 instead of x7 at an extra cost of £90

z1ppy

I’m confused by the ppoint of this thread, on mtb’s stuff wear out, if you use it. Are you implying Halfords/Boardman are the cause of you rear mech wearing? Fair play to halford for changing it, IME most places would have told you to “hop it”.
    As far as I can see, the brand/manufacturer of the bike has **** all to do with the failure….

As for the bushing, as above, they are meant to wear out…

Bootsie
    Free Member

i’m well aware parts wear out , but after only 3 months
    purpose of this thread z1ppy was to see if any one else had problems with bushes/bearings on same bike . thought that was quite clear , should of know better i supose

Amos
    Free Member

In his defence I know stuff wears out but this is a rather premature failure.
    He did ask whether anyone else had a 2011 Boardman. Maybe he should have made it a little clearer but I believe he was trying to find out if anyone else has suffrered a similar failure and over what time scale, or it could be that he’s just a fat old talentless knacker who wrecks bikes 😉

Amos
    Free Member

Bootsie your spelling is terrible, edit it quickly or the STW pedants will thrash you mate….

uplink
    Free Member

Worn out bushes After 3 months ? Would’ve expected longer

I destroyed a set on a Yeti in 3 rides, 3 very shitty, long rides – granted – but just 3 rides all the same

z1ppy

Sorry, I read it that you were implying it was Halfords/Boardman due fault that the equipment failed, which seemed very unfair, I apologise for getting the wrong end of the stick.

Might be worth noting, Specialized seemingly suffer quite a lot of bearing (not bushing) failures on their horst linkage bikes.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘Boardman FS Team Troubles’ is closed to new replies.