• This topic has 12 replies, 7 voices, and was last updated 9 years ago by poah.
Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Boardman FS Pro – Leverage ratio
  • chocolateteapot
    Free Member

Hi there

would anyone have a rough idea what the leverage ratio is on a boardman fs pro?2014, 650b model.

Also, is the shock sv / hv etc?

Any help would be appreciated!

Thanks

transporter13
    Free Member

Leverage ratio is rear wheel travel divided by shock stroke.

chocolateteapot
    Free Member

Thanks, I don’t own one to check this 🙂

I’m trying to work out if it’s appropriate for someone of my size

transporter13
    Free Member

Your size is?
    It’ll be fine for someone up to 24/25st

chocolateteapot
    Free Member

Your size is?
    It’ll be fine for someone up to 24/25st

How do you know this?

I’m 6ft 5″ nearly 19st

Thanks

transporter13
    Free Member

Because I’m that 8) and have ridden a friends one. He being 6’3 and me 5’10 the only slight issue was the size.
    His was the 19″

jamj1974

I am confused…

transporter13
    Free Member

With what exactly?

neilthewheel

The shock stroke is 60mm and the rear travel is 130 if I am not mistaken, giving a ratio of 2:1 by transporter13’s formula.
    I hope this helps.

Superficial
    Free Member

I don’t think the OP is asking the right question. It’s an air shock/fork so it’s all adjustable in terms of rider weight. I’m not sure what the right question is.

jairaj

Not sure what shock it comes with but might be worth checking if you can get a volume reducing kit / shims for it.

Larger riders can suffer with forks or shocks blowing through their travel on medium and large hits or having to pump the air shock to a higher pressure reducing small bump sensitivity.

The volume reducing kit will make the air spring ramp up in the later stages of travel reducing harsh bottom out and helping the fork / shock stand up a bit taller.

jamj1974

I don’t think the OP is asking the right question. It’s an air shock/fork so it’s all adjustable in terms of rider weight. I’m not sure what the right question is.

Exactly. Leverage ratio won’t change depending on the bike size. The level of progressiveness in the shock that you want and can tune with air can volume or damping would be more relevant to tune differently for rider weight.

poah
    Free Member

pretty sure the shock is 190x50mm in size

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Boardman FS Pro – Leverage ratio’ is closed to new replies.