Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)
  • Boardman FS PRO 2016
  • eggbanjo
    Free Member

I was looking at getting one of these, but they seem to have disappeared from Halfords. Anyone know where they have gone?

boriselbrus
    Free Member

All sold out until August.

nicnag
    Free Member

Halfords told me it would be a couple of weeks until back in stock…which seemed to coincide with the 15% off offer. Strangeky they seem to be available through boardman bikes, also owned by halfords, but can’t use discounts there,

thejackal69
    Free Member

Last month I was lucky enough to get one. They are rare as hen’s teeth and you will have to speak to customer services regularly (I did this via the web chat) to check when they arrive in the warehouse.
    The problem is customer services will see them on the stock list before the shops and they will get allocated to customers before the shops get a chance to order them.
    Once they are in, you will be able to ask them to send one to your nearest shop.
    Remember to use the BC discount too. Mine was £300 less than rrp once the discounts were applied and I got £50 of accessories too.
    It’s a lovely bike too, that Pike is great.

eggbanjo
    Free Member

Cheers.

hairydynamicist
    Free Member

Just as a matter of interest, have you considered the Calibre Bossnut? Distributed by Go Outdoors, appears get amazing write-ups as well. I was thinking about a Boardman FS Pro, but may have had my head turned.

I’ve nowt to do with Calibre or Go Outdoors, by the way. Honest.

eggbanjo
    Free Member

I did have a look at the Bossnut , but the spec on the Boardman is unbeatable.

andysredmini
    Free Member

The spec is unbeatable but the frame is terrible. A friend works for Halfords and bought one in a sale and with staff discount. It’s like a piece of spaghetti. He used to call it the bendy boardman. At also suffered from really bad pedal Bob that no amount of shock adjustment would help. He flogged it after a couple of weeks and bought a transition.

boriselbrus
    Free Member

Hmmmm, funny how non of the magazine reviews mentioned this. Including Singletrack.

#smellsofbullshit

andysredmini
    Free Member

I very much doubt they used their test bikes on the same terrain we ride.
    He thinks most of the flex comes from the seat stays and the lack of a top brace.

thejackal69
    Free Member

Does make me laugh when a “common” brand beats the spec of a £2000+ bike and they blame it all on the frame.
    “I very much doubt they used their test bikes on the same terrain we ride.” This statement alone says more about you than your bike does.
    I’m sure the frame doesn’t compare with a Transition but that is a completely different class of bike. It’s like comparing a Focus RS with a Ferrari and saying it is s***.
    You find a better full suss bike for £1200

andysredmini
    Free Member

Alright mr angry.
    I don’t care how much it costs and what you are comparing it too. The simple fact is that my mate found it too flexy for the riding he does. I’m not saying you can find anything better for the money but he had to find something stronger and better before he bent the frame and it became un-sellable. Pikes on a bike normal indicate it’s a bike that should take some abuse hence why he bought it (and the massive staff discount)
    Where we ride we have loads of dh tracks a freeride park and loads of steep rough natural stuff. The boardman is not suitable. Read into that whatever you want about me. I’m not the one getting angry riding around on a Halfords special.

thejackal69
    Free Member

Boardman threads always bring out the bike snobs don’t they.

Viewing 13 posts - 1 through 13 (of 13 total)

The topic ‘Boardman FS PRO 2016’ is closed to new replies.