Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Boardman CX – replacement 9Speed Front mech – help!
  • Alex

The m-part mech on my 2012 Boardman CX is dead. It’s a nine speed setup and I can’t find anything to replace it with in the SRAM range (don’t want another m-part, it was rubbish from day 1). Am I just lacking the requisite googling skills? Alternatively can I use a SRAM rival/apex 10 speed setup?

chakaping
    Free Member

Won’t a Shimano mech work? I’m using a 105 double front mech with Rival on my 10sp roadie.

cynic-al
    Free Member

m-part mech?

You mean the clamp, like this?

http://www.madison.co.uk/products/cycling/transmission-braking-components/front-derailleurs/?brand=m-part

As above, I’d have thought a shimano would work.

rp16v
    Free Member

From my experience a front mech is a front mech regardless of brand its only the rears that get into weird cable pull, I run a 9 speed on my 8speed cross bike and a 10 speed campag on my 9 speed road bike just make sure u get the correct fitment is reg the banding
    Edit- if its a m pard band it may well be a microshift mech u have

chakaping
    Free Member

I’ve got a 10sp Rival double, 34.9mm band-on in my spares box if you want to stick with Sram.

Alex

The mech not the clamp. Maybe it’s m-part clamp and a microshift mech as RP says above.

Chapaking – might take you up on that. Not really bothered about brand as long as it works. This is not the case with the current mech 😉

AlexSimon

Just checked on mine and it’s microshift.
    Mine seems fine.
    I wonder why they did that though – youd think getting a full groupset of SRAM would negate cost savings of one bit.

According to the current spec, they use a Microshift R74.

Alex

Thanks AS. Mine developed loads of play, think I got something stuck in it during an extremely muddy ride. Going to try a cheap/2nd hand 10 speed and see how we get on.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘Boardman CX – replacement 9Speed Front mech – help!’ is closed to new replies.