Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • boardman concept bike
  • thomthumb
    Free Member

boardmans new concept bike.

hmmm. i like the integrated tyres rims thing going on but don't like the seat reminds me of that retro one that i cant remmember the name of…

njee20
    Free Member

Did this yesterday, under the thief proof bike or something.

I think it looks awful.

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Flite

A fascinating aesthetic piece, this. I love concept bikes!

montylikesbeer

its striking but no good for DH

whippersnapper
    Free Member

it's a Softride.

pjbarton
    Free Member

why do most concept bikes attach the seat like that – do the designers not understand the rider needs to get on and off the bike? And hub-less wheels are obviously going to be subject to a lot of friction. and added weight too most likely.

thepodge
    Free Member

i'd ride it. i love concept bikes too. the cannondale blade was brilliant

joemarshall
    Free Member

Wouldn't non-spoked wheels be way less strong and heavier than spoked ones – surely that's more important for your average rider than a slight aerodynamic advantage? I'm assuming they're aiming it at average riders not racers, given the supposed built in electric engine.

And as for the wacky handlebars without brakes, fingerprint lock (because that wouldn't be at all easy to fool / prone to problems causing you to be locked out of your bike / or make people cut your fingers off to mug you for your bike), invisible drivetrain etc. it all seems a bit designer cliché.

It is weird that when concept design types design a 'bike of the future', it always has no spokes and a funny wheel connection like this. It is like there is one type of thing that concept designers do, and they churn out a roughly bike shaped version of it when they need some press (or a motorbike shaped / car shaped / house shaped). Why is it that they have such a boring 'futuristic' aesthetic anyway?

Joe

Elmo
    Free Member

Joemarshall-it has brakes.

pjbarton- wouldn't you get on/off the normal way?!

jimthesaint

Elmo – If that saddle is at the right height for road riding then the toptube thingy is only a couple of inches lower. The problem is the ground is at least 4" lower than the lowest crank position, so when you get off the bike your bollocks will want to be 2" lower than the toptube thingy will allow them to be. 😯

Harry_the_Spider

Can I get a rack for it to go on this?

About as likely as a paperless bathroom.

HoratioHufnagel
    Free Member

i'm sure i saw a picture of something very similar before…

I predict in 100 years we'll still have double diamond bicycle frames. Any other shape is just fashion! (IMO)

lyons
    Free Member

what is the point? In all seroiusness, are there actually ANY benefits?

rOcKeTdOg

point? it's a concept model, it's just throwing ideas around

adstick
    Free Member

Boardman, concept and bike. Three words that should never go together. Can you buy concept bikes of the shelf from Taiwan these days? 😉

aracer
    Free Member

point? it's a concept model, it's just throwing ideas around

Throwing old, discredited ideas around.

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘boardman concept bike’ is closed to new replies.