Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • Boardman Carbon (Road) Frame + Forks
  • slowjo
    Free Member

How on earth do you put a value on these? Looking at Boardman bikes, the value of the whole seems to be less than the constituent parts (a pricing illusion I’m sure) but how do you value the frame? With a bike costing £1k all in, the frame must have some value but as they aren’t sold as a frameset, there is no real reference point.

Any ideas?

Tiger6791

Ask Halfords what it costs to get one. They have a spares catalogue.

slowjo
    Free Member

OK thanks. I’ll see if that yields any fruit….so to speak.

chakaping
    Free Member

Why do you need to?

What would it cost to get an equivalent replacement from another manufacturer? About £600 or so?

The Team Carbon RRP is £1300 this year I think, so not £1k complete any more.

slowjo
    Free Member

Why do you need to?

So I can work out (roughly) what a decent price for a s/h one would be.

finbar
    Free Member

Just do a completed listings search on eBay, they comeup often enough (along with comparable Planet X carbon, Focus Cayo etc). IMO £250-300 would be fair second hand.

Mr_Mojo
    Free Member

I’ve wondered this. There was a Boardman road bike a year or two ago that had the SRAM Red groupset and Zipp 404 wheels and from memory it was about £2500. You could’nt buy the wheels and groupset for that. I was thinking about buying a “quality” frame then transfering all the components and selling the Boardman frame.

Not a lover of Boardman bikes, seem totally souless and the obvious choice for people that don’t know any better.

chakaping
    Free Member

the obvious choice for people that don’t know any better.

I fit that category, knowing very little about road bikes.

What do you think would have been better for £900 than the 2010 Boardman Team Carbon I bought the other week?

slowjo
    Free Member

A lot of the mags seem to rave about the quality, ride and well, almost everything about the Boardman road bikes. One or two might be biased but they can’t all be wrong… unless of course you know better?

I have ridden a lot of road bikes in my time and the Boardman seems to do everything well. My only gripe is that they don’t make them bigger!

dirtyrider
    Free Member

300 quid, same bracket as a used planet-x sl surely?

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Carbon (Road) Frame + Forks’ is closed to new replies.