Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)
  • Boardman Bikes – COMP fi (female specific hybrid) – thoughts? Alternatives?
  • crankman
    Free Member

The gf is quite tempted by one of these:

http://www.boardmanbikes.com/fi/fi_hybrid_comp.html

£499

Anyone any experience of them? Any decent alternatives for that sort of money?

Thanks.

ironyirony
    Free Member

Been looking at the hybrids as well, though not the womens version (seems to be very little difference even if frame geometry).

I’d certainly be interested in experience with these or alternatives, in particular other road biased hybrids with discs.
    Others I’m looking at are the Ridgeback Flight, Charge Scourer & Merida Speeder.

muddydwarf
    Free Member

I have a small men’s version and I love riding it. It’s comfy enough that I’ve done several hundred milers on it and the C2C in a day. I replaced the cable discs with some original Hope mini’s I had in the shed but apart from that it’s still as standard. The gearing is pretty good for my local Pennine hills and it climbs easy enough considering its not that particularly light. For the money its a really good bike, its the cheapest of my main bikes by some margin but it has been a great intro to road riding for me – a person who REALLY dislikes drop bars.

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
Viewing 3 posts - 1 through 3 (of 3 total)

The topic ‘Boardman Bikes – COMP fi (female specific hybrid) – thoughts? Alternatives?’ is closed to new replies.