Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)
  • Boardman 2016 FS Pro Mech Hanger
  • thejackal69
    Free Member

Anyone know of a place that does replacement ones or alternatives that fit? It is a bolt through axle.
    I will be ringing Halfords as well for a warranty replacement. Anyone been through this situation as well?
    I had read they were made of chocolate, now I believe it, mine broke after a month.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Poorly setup mech.? Excessive external force on the mech at some point.? As long as the mech shows no sign of crash damage you’ll be good for a warranty claim. Speak to the nice man at Halfords for a replacement and ask them to order it from BETD and not through “parts by bike spec”.

thejackal69
    Free Member

Mech was set up fine, no indexing problems. It feels very lightweight metal and cast rather than machined.
    I have emailed BETD as well but couldn’t see one on their site as I guess it is pretty new.
    I just know I am in for a long wait through Halfords, so hoping to source my own one a bit quicker.
    Was hoping to find someone on here who broke one too.

neilsonwheels
    Free Member

Mech hangers are also available from Madison, might be working them to have a look if BETD don’t do one. Why the long wait.?

JollyGreenGiant
    Free Member

Based on current experience don’t hold it too much hope if you want one in a hurry.
    I’ve been trying to get a new seatpost for my Boardman and i seem to be stuck between Boardman,my local store and Halfords customer service trying to get a resolution. To their credit Halfords have been quite helpful but it seems if it’s anything Boardman specific,the only way your local Halfords can get it is to order a whole bike to which of course they don’t want to do. Boardman apparently don’t keep any spares that are bike specific.Fie example the stem,bars,seatpost and saddle are colour coded and unique to each model.
    I hope this isn’t the case with something like a mech hanger.

mc
    Free Member

If you’re struggling to get a hangar, I can possibly help.
    If you can drop me an email with a photo or two of said hangar, I can let you know if I can make one or not.

thejackal69
    Free Member

Apparently, I have just found out BETD Hanger 403 is the replacement part that even Halfords use. It’s not listed on the site though so has to be asked for specifically.

mikertroid
    Free Member

Hi all,

Second ride out on my FS Pro and the mech hanger snapped. Sounded like a stiff link was causing the problem.

Halfords Evesham have got my bike and have said they’ll do the chain and hanger under warranty (They’ve been great to be fair), but does anyone know what the new ones are like? Beefier??

lazybike
    Free Member

What neilsonwheels said…

hopefiendboy

how is the bike itself btw? they look good value

hopefiendboy

how is the bike itself btw? they look good value

mikertroid
    Free Member

HFB,

aside from that snag, it’s great; First time on a 4-bar link for a few years and feels much more supple at the back end than my Five, but maybe less involving.

Pikes up the front are superb. Climbs superbly which was a surprise TBH. Smashed my KOM on a nasty local climb today.

Will put Butcher/Purgatory combo on as not getting on too well on the Trail Kings, but for £1080 (20% off plus 10% BC Discount) it’s a complete steal!

neilthewheel

Is it different from the 2015 hanger? I’ve broken several.

Bucko

Superstar do hangars, not sure if they do the 2016 though as I’ve not seen what it looks like. Worth checking for £7.99

mikertroid
    Free Member

NTW

it’s a 12mm bolt thru. Whether that’s the same as last year I can’t tell you.

Speshpaul

BETD had prototypes in the office last week, hopefully will be at the NEC this weekend

mikertroid
    Free Member

Just picked bike up from Evesham Halfords; they’ve put a BETD 403 on it and a new chain. Look forward to getting back on it tomorrow!

mattyfez

I’ve had a BETD hangar fail, but bear in mind they are supposed to fail under stress, as it saves your frame/mech from damage which is more expensive.

thejackal69
    Free Member

Yeah the 403 BETD hanger is the one you want. It is cnc machined from a better aluminium. It is different to all the previous ones as it is a bolt thru.
    The original just isnt fit for purpose, bad thin design of poor metal

mikertroid
    Free Member

matty,

I’m aware of that, but a sticky link shouldn’t snap the hanger; hopefully it’ll all run sweet now.

Great service from Halfords – very friendly bunch

mikertroid
    Free Member

Well the BETD Hanger seems to be much better than the original.

Really pleased with the bike, although I’ve tightened up all of the pivot bolts which has solved a bit of clunking at the rear. Stock tyres are TERRIFYING and will chop them ASAP! Otherwise it’s a great bike, even more so when I factor in it’s £500 cheaper than my Whyte 905 RS and better spec’d. Just need a dropper and it’s sorted.

Viewing 21 posts - 1 through 21 (of 21 total)

The topic ‘Boardman 2016 FS Pro Mech Hanger’ is closed to new replies.