Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • BMX,help and advice needed please.
  • gee68
    Free Member

My son(11 year old) has decided that his scooter is no longer for him and that he would like to progress onto a BMX.He’s been saving his money and has about £200ish to spend,maybe a little more(via the bank of mum and dad)for the right bike.

This bike would be used solely for the bike/skateboard parks.

I never owned or ridden a BMX and have no idea what im looking for so im looking for a point in the right direction from someone in the know.

Any help,tips or advice very much appreciated.

donks
    Free Member

In fairness for a first BMX any of the £200.00 bracket bikes will be more than good enough for him. Get a 20.5″ frame if hes not a giant so he can chuck it around. Park bikes are set up different to the race/track bikes (small front ring etc)so just make sure its for street/park use.
    The wethepeople Arcade is around that price and rides very well? I got our lad a Norco Nail off Ebay which was very good for the price.

Be warned though that if you take him to said parks be prepared to splash out on one for yourself….i did and now im going more than he does. Got any good parks round your way?

deanfbm
    Free Member

How tall is he? What sort of build?

Any kids sort of shorter than 5ft5ish and of slight build will really benefit from a 18″ wheel BMX if he is only using for skatepark.

Also, £200 will only get something heavy, with poor geo that will break all the time if he is properly using it.

To get something not terrible, you need to spend around 350, look at premium, subrosa, wethepeople and a ew others.

xiphon
    Free Member

I have a BMX for sale which fits into your budget – email me for more info…

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘BMX,help and advice needed please.’ is closed to new replies.