Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)
  • BMX'd today for the first time
  • djflexure

Took the kids to Redditch BMX park today. It was ace. I’m buzzing now as are the kids. Nice change to muddy riding. Really helpful people there – provided us with all the kit and coached us a bit. My nine year old beat me 2/1. It really is quite knackering. Now I know why they all seem to spend so much time standing around chatting. Its recovery. Looking forward to developing some skilz.

TheFlyingOx

My nine year old beat me 2/1

😕

I have obviously grossly misunderstood BMXing.

djflexure

Its a race track. So we raced – a bit.

_tom_
    Free Member

Really want to get to a proper bmx race track, seems like fun. I’m halfway through building a “big bmx” from my old Trailstar frame + parts I have lying around. Can’t wait for it to be done!

djflexure

You are in for a treat. It was brilliant. All jumpin and pumpin. Loved it. Completely knackered after an hour though.

juiced
    Free Member

well done. 😀

RealMan
    Free Member

My local track (before they extended it)

Haven’t been down in ages, need to find some time to go.

ahwiles
    Free Member

s’why i bought a house next to a bmx track.

it’s brilliant fun, and the local kids are all too knackered/chilled/happy to cause any trouble.

all kids should have free bmx bikes and a local track. i’m completely serious.

jedi

i thought you’d been to redditch skatepark 🙂 🙂

RealMan
    Free Member

all kids should have free bmx bikes and a local track. i’m completely serious.

Don’t just think its bmx tracks that do it, boxing clubs have the same effect. I think most sports do actually.

djflexure

I was blown away by how nice everyone was. Half expected a ‘too cool for school’ kind of thing.

i thought you’d been to redditch skatepark

Think I’d need to come and see you again for more skilz before going there.

ahwiles
    Free Member

RealMan – Member

good point, well put.

Matt_SS_xc

i work at the local school as a PE teacher, we take the kids BMX racing in summer, its awesome. Steve the guy who runs it (ex flat land rider) is super cool. If i had time i would get out on the track more, its loads of fun. Scott Beaumont is down there from time to time i hear. Meant to be one of the best tracks in the country……

juiced
    Free Member

we have a superb new small one, Police and Council contributed towards it. Mars helped buy some bikes for the bmx club. There’s another small one nearby to that’s just been resurafec in tarmac. Great on the skateboard 😛

djflexure

In its full glory

null

Curly68
    Free Member

I have raced three times now! Only started when my 7yr old daughter said she wanted to do it. After taking her to the races and coaching sessions, she said why didn’t I have a go as well? Bought a cheap cruiser and went a had a go.
    Almost coughed a lung up after the first race but what fun! £2.50 a race as well and the winter regional races are £8 but if you do 4 rounds or more, you get a nice trophy!
    Everyone is friendly and welcoming. Wish I started sooner, I’m 42!

Viewing 16 posts - 1 through 16 (of 16 total)

The topic ‘BMX'd today for the first time’ is closed to new replies.