Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BMX toptube length advice please
  • finbar
    Free Member

What tt length do i want? I'm 5'7" and thinking about getting a bike to use on the local bmx track. Cheers.

mike_check
    Free Member

Im 5'8" and ride an S&M Next Gen Dirt with a 21" tt, for track anywhere from 20-22 you should be fine, I'd edge towards the longer ones for track use personally, especially if you are generally used to a bigger bike than a BMX anyway.

Edit – goes without saying but best to say it anyway! Sit on a couple and have a roll around and see what feels 'right'.

finbar
    Free Member

Thanks Mike. I figured as 21" generally seems to be the longest available i'd probably want something shorter, but maybe not. Seems like the more expensive the bikes the longer the toptube as well…

davidtaylforth
    Free Member

21 would be fine for what you want. A couple of my mates ride 21's and there about your height.

For tech street stuff shorter is sometimes preferred.

anywhere from 20-22 you should be fine

I wouldnt agree with this entirely though, most people that ride my 21.4 fly pantera find it too long.

Dylan08
    Free Member

T1 Barcode custom build for sale?

🙂

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

the tendancy for longer TT's on more expensive and frame only builds is because these thend to be bought more by adults with money, not kids on a budget.

Mines 21.75 and cost about £500! And it was marketed as a park frame!

At 5.7 any off the shelf build should suit you, 3pc cranks and 14mm axels will save you money in the long run by making upgrades easier and the axels wont snap in the hubs when you case a jump! Avoid alloy crank arms as they'r not upto the abuse.

finbar
    Free Member

Cheers all. No danger of me doing any tech stuff any time soon so i think i'll go for 20.8-21".

Dylan, thanks but i've seen your ad and its about £200 more than i want to spend! Actually i'm looking at this, seems like a decent deal:

http://www.ashcycles.com/power/index.php?main_page=product_info&products_id=1287&currency=BP

jedi

some graet 21" tt bmx's about

Dylan08
    Free Member

YGM mate

Dylan08
    Free Member

YGM mate

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BMX toptube length advice please’ is closed to new replies.