Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • bmx session at manchester
  • lord
    Free Member

has anybody done a taster session ? gonna book on next week , been for a look round tonight looks stunning

Rorschach
    Free Member

Do you need to do a qualifing session like the track?Strugling to find info.Will beat doing freezing cold gates at crewe!!

lord
    Free Member
    lord
    Free Member

bargain pricing as is the veledrome

lord
    Free Member

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DAC2rQH2gs8[/video]
    looks ok

Blake

I haven’t done a taster session but jumped straight in and did the ‘accelerated accreditation’ then a gates session afterwards.

Think you can only ride the ‘beginner open’ sessions if you’re not accredited, which only have the final two straights open for riding (i.e. don’t get to do the full track).

Suggest booking on an induction to get accredited, it’s very easy. Involves riding round a some cones to assess proper cornering, then sprinting and stopping before a line, then pumping the final couple of straights a few times at increasing speed, then riding the start ramp with brakes on, then riding full track. Takes about 15 mins.

The receptionist said you have to book ahead for sessions now, which is pretty annoying to be honest. Oh and you need full face, long sleeves (or elbow guards), gloves and knee pads. You can borrow it all there for free, all the kit is new (at the moment!) so isn’t too skanky.

Rorschach
    Free Member

First straight looks mint 😀
    Pro line looks big 😮

Blake

Yeh track is pretty big, the coach there said it’s a “supercross track not a BMX track”. If you’re used to riding at Crewe you’ll be fine. I’d say it’s not as fun as Crewe, but Crewe isn’t indoor in the warm and dry!

lord
    Free Member

jumped straight in and did the ‘accelerated accreditation’ then a gates session afterwards. done as blake said , it is a really nice track , great fun ,been down a couple of friday evenings with mates .

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

Last jump on the second straight is a biggy!

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘bmx session at manchester’ is closed to new replies.