Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)
  • BMX is fun
  • monkeychild
    Free Member

My BMX cruiser arrived yesterday, so I took it out this afternoon to the local track. Bloody hell my arms kill 😆 I was getting used to pumping it around the track and managed to get at least 8mm of air 😀

I started having a go at roll backs, I managed 1, which I was well happy with as going backwards feels wrong!!!!

I’m on leave on Thurs, so more shenanigans shall be had. It’s so much fun.

The rear brake is currently “interesting” too 😯

Yes I know the moss needs sorting 😛

CaptainFlashheart
    Free Member

Fag butt?

monkeychild
    Free Member

Hell no!!!! It’s a bit of rogue packing tape 🙂

pickle
    Free Member

Looks ace!

gotta love a cruiser

monkeychild
    Free Member

Do like those SE bikes 🙂

handyandy
    Free Member

when you say the rear brake is ‘interesting’, do you mean it doesnt work? Thats what I found after years of decent mtb brakes, bmx ones are terrible.

monkeychild
    Free Member

it doesnt work?

That is an understatement 😆 It doesn’t appear to do much when I’m on it. I think it needs a bit of tinkering, as the pads are in a different post code ATM.

dirtyrider
    Free Member

ill stick this rare thing here

kayla1
    Free Member

Cruisers ftw 😀

cannondaleking
    Free Member

If you can make it too Slough bottom race track in norwich on Sunday come join us for a race or three dude tis fun as we’re all 30+ so no kids to show us up lol

handyandy
    Free Member

dammit, now I want a cruiser. Time to sell the 20″

monkeychild
    Free Member

Do it 😀 Sooooooooo, doing a manual on a cruiser then.

twistedpencil

20’s where it’s at! (want a cruiser my 20 is trying to kill me :-))

exile_smoggy

Still got my Haro ready to build up twistedpencil 😉

exile_smoggy

Here’s Triggers Broom. Started as a Haro Pro 24 18 months ago, original parts are seetpost and tyres. Need to build the original up to sell…

Learning to ride it would help too.

As would learning to add images properly – oops

alishand

The rear brake is currently “interesting” too

when you say the rear brake is ‘interesting’, do you mean it doesnt work? Thats what I found after years of decent mtb brakes, bmx ones are terrible.

What you want is one of these (or similar), and one of these.

The quik slic cable removes any of the spongy-ness which is associated with bmx brakes (which usually comes from a dodgy straddle cable sucking out any responsiveness, or badly set up springs in the arms making the lever solid, or without any grab when pulled).

Set those two up correctly and you will have a stunningly good rear brake, for a bmx anyway (one trigger finger stuff).

Stevet1
    Free Member

Braking on black rims is always pretty poor. It can be made acceptable by setting your brake up properly but it’ll never be great.

exile_smoggy

Here’s a second attempt at triggers broom. My excuse was I was building up a similar Pure frame for my daughter who actually has some skill and wins races, and thought why not have matching dad and daughter bikes 😀

I find the DXR brakes aren’t too bad, but at the speed I ride and with my “racing” figure acting as an airbrake, it’s not suprising.

Viewing 18 posts - 1 through 18 (of 18 total)

The topic ‘BMX is fun’ is closed to new replies.