Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)
  • BMX I want to buy a lightweight BMX for my boy?
  • 1-shed
    Free Member

My boy is nearly 5 foot and I want to buy him a new BMX. It’s got to be lightweight, so what do I go for? Up to £250.

pop-larkin
    Free Member

My lad is looking to sell his we the people reason- £150 collected inthe midlands

1-shed
    Free Member

Pop tell me more, I know nothing about BMX .

RealMan
    Free Member

What does he want it for? I’ve got something that might be perfect.

Tom83

Winstanley’s bmx has some good clearance offers on at the moment. Although my bmx weighs about the same as my Anthem!

pop-larkin
    Free Member

It’s blue and was bought Xmas 2010- not had a hard life. Can send photos but if you look at previous posts you willl find a Flickr link.
    And WTP are ‘cool’ apparently!

1-shed
    Free Member

Sorry just got up, he wants it for general riding nothing more. He would benefit from a low weight. So I was thinking an aluminium frame. Thanks for the replies so far. What top tube length should I be looking for?

glasgowdan
    Free Member

Don’t think a bmx would be ideal as they are heavy. An xs mtb would be better if you can find something suitable.

1-shed
    Free Member

A mtb would end up being too dear unless someone has a 13″ single speed for sale. Due to learning difficulties gears are out.

Euro
    Free Member

Light bmxs aren’t cheap and even moderately expensive ones aren’t that light. Slickish tyres at high pressures will help it roll and he’ll not notice the weight unless he has to carry it about.

1-shed
    Free Member

What do people think of this Felt Sector Expert 19.09″ TT 17.12lbs @ £271 from Winstanleys.

yossarian
    Free Member

Lightest BMXs are race ones. You can pick up something for around 250 that’ll be significantly lighter than a cheap freestyle/dirt bmx. Not quite as bombproof but a lighter option perhaps.

I think winstanleys have some felt race bmxs for about 270. You may need to factor in fitting a front brake and maybe a smaller chainring too.

1-shed
    Free Member

Well that’s spooky yossarian.

yossarian
    Free Member

🙂

I think it’s a good option tbh.

Maybe find your local bmx race club and take your lad down for a morning? He could try out a few different sizes then. Might get the racing bug too!

Viewing 14 posts - 1 through 14 (of 14 total)

The topic ‘BMX I want to buy a lightweight BMX for my boy?’ is closed to new replies.