Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • BMX for an 11 year old – advice pls.
  • KZP894
    Free Member

Singletrackers, I need some advice. My son is 11 years old and has an old / heavy BMX. He is keen to make some improvements to it (get a new frame and forks for starters). I know very little about BMX bikes could someone educate me on how the frame sizing works (is it just on top tube length) and give an indication of what size would be needed for him (150cm tall). Thanks.

TiRed

Sizing is simply toptube length – 20″ should be about right for an 11yo. I have a 21″ WTP Trust that is shared between an 11yo and a 14yo. Both have no trouble riding it.

Frame material (and cost) has a HUGE influence on how the bike feels. We previously had a cromoly main tubed Kink Whip (stolen), and that felt “light”, but the new WTP is fully cromoly and feels a lot better.

Good bikes start at £400.

rhbrhb
    Free Member

There’s a sizing guide on the alansbmx web shop site I think, go by height not age. But, as above expect to go 20″ Top Tube for typical 11 yr old.

lock
    Free Member

I’ve got a Subrosa pandora frame with shadow conspiracy parts,all high quality parts for sale£200
    It’s as light as you you cn get for a £650 bmx ,

I bought it for myself but don’t use it much so my son used it when he was 10 ,for a year,

Got some marks and scratches

Email me for pics tonyberlin71@hotmail.com

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘BMX for an 11 year old – advice pls.’ is closed to new replies.