Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)
  • BMX buying advice
  • lehutch
    Free Member

A friend of my better half is looking at buying her boyfriend a BMX for Xmas. Budget is around £150 and I assume it would be used for stunt/ skate park dutys. Any recommendations…?

sharkattack

Check the classifieds on pinkbike. Very busy and used BMX’s are dirt cheap. Just find something local that you like the look of.

lehutch
    Free Member

Thanks for the advice but I reckon she’d be after a new one….

lehutch
    Free Member

Although I’m wondering whether one fiddy will be enough to get anything half decent

sillyoldman

£150 won’t get jack.

2nd hand without doubt is the best way to go.

svalgis
    Free Member

http://www.chainreactioncycles.com/se/en/bmx-bikes?sort=pricelow
    Not exactly spoilt for choice at that price point so just get the purdiest one within budget, I reckon they should all be about equivalent.

sharkattack

Better get herself down to Halfords then for a BMX substitution product.

But seriously, at that price, used is the only way to go.

sharkattack

http://m.pinkbike.com/buysell/1429250/

First page of Pinkbike. A ‘proper’ bike that will support an adult without them losing their teeth. Takes ages to search on my phone though.

bish
    TiRed

Decent BMX bikes will start at double the OP budge and that is after discounting. We bought a WTP Trust heavily discounted. Not my thing but you can see where the money is spent.

Much cheaper will get you a BSO that looks like a BMX.

asc70
    Free Member

you will get a gt fly/mongoose article which will have every thing you want for between £200 /£250 ,proper 25/9 gearing and a reasonable crankset ,if your going to go cheaper buy the older 36 /12 set up as the cheap one have tiny bearings and are not brilliant ,stay away from halfords and sports direct/argos as muddyfox are unfit to sell,and get spoked wheels not plastic mags.there are some cracking bargains out there but i’d pay a little more buy local as backup/spares/warrenty is priceless.

Big-M
    Free Member

Try Winstanleys BMX, you won’t get a cro-mo bike for twice that price but they do have some decent deals. Beware of sizing as well.

Viewing 12 posts - 1 through 12 (of 12 total)

The topic ‘BMX buying advice’ is closed to new replies.