Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BMX bike for my 13 year old – where do I start?
  • stevemorg2

My son has asked for a BMX to go down the skate park with his mates but I’ve no idea where to start. What should I look for (no more than £200) – Mongoose or GT a good starting point?

Would also consider second hand wouldn’t know where to look – any suggestions?

MrTall
    Free Member

My Nephew (same age) got a Wethepeople which apparently is a popular make and decent. Various pricepoints obviously…..

CRC often knock out some decent deals on BMX as do Winstanleys i believe?

donks
    Free Member

I would try for a second hand (good condition) wethepeople, Kink, or fit rather than a cheaper bike. I picked up a Norco for the lad off eBay for 140, never been ridden. He never uses it…..but I do 😀

toys19
    Free Member

Here rider owned and good guys http://www.radbmxshop.co.uk/

monksie
    Free Member

I have a Diamondback Furbar £140 plus postage. Sunn Rhino rims, Race Face Good’n’Evil grips, Maxxis tyres….all the good stuff and in full working order.
    I had a rear brake fitted to go with the front.
    Full working oirder and very good condition.
    My email is in my profile if it’s of interest.

_tom_
    Free Member

Try to find something with a full 4130 frame if possible so it’ll last – most cheap ones are hi ten steel. Although they’re not really “cool” bmx brands, specialized and giant have the 4130 frame and seem to have a nice spec. Get 14m axles if he wants to grind on it, will save loads of bent 10mm axles!

totalshell

only one place to go..Alans.. Wigan No.1 sorted my daughter out so well i bought one for myself!

stevemorg2

Monksie – any pics?

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BMX bike for my 13 year old – where do I start?’ is closed to new replies.