Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)
  • BMX Bandits
  • 4130s0ul
    Free Member

For those who grew up on a bmx in the 80’s (ok, so those of us who watched BMX bandits in the 80’s)

Enjoy 😀

null

poisonspider
    Free Member

I don’t remember Keith Lemon being in BMX Bandits?

4130s0ul
    Free Member

That’s because you’re not remembering it right 😆

pickle
    Free Member

Hi 4130s0ul

Are you a member of RADBMX.co.uk? got some amazing bikes on there and some great guys to.

nedrapier

Anyone seen Turbo Kid? Post-apocalyptic BMX film?

4130s0ul
    Free Member

Hi Pickle, no but having just had a quick look I shall definitely be checking it out later, thanks for that.
    I loved the RB video, it reminded me (not only of BMX Bandits) but my BMX racing days in the 80’s. good days!

hopkinsgm

Disappointed – came here expecting Scottish indie music from my yoof 😐

pickle
    Free Member

We (RADBMX) have our annual weekend meet at the BMX track in Milton Keynes in August. You should get yourself down there and check out the hundreds of old school BMX bikes, some of the best in the world are made by the guys on RAD.

Free to camp for the weekend as well and it’s a great atmosphere

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Old pal of mine when we were school kids was a BMX freak. Spent all his time with people like Stu Pepi Winder (RIP), living and breathing BMX. He must be mid 40’s now but seems to spend a lot of time over in the states now with a lot of quite famous old school BMX’ers. Not sure how he has amassed such a following abroad but he basically hires a car, travels all over the states sleeping at famous BMX’ers houses whilst riding. Amazing that someone can live the same kind of life for 95% of his life.

pickle
    Free Member

Sounds like he’s living his dream, superb! what’s his name?

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Dean Johnstone. Looks like he still loves his BMX as much as he did as a kid. He also looks like he is even better on a bike now than he was back then from the pictures he posts

pickle
    Free Member

Blimey, yeah just checked out his FB page…….he got to ride Mega ramp and looked like he got some huge air! top stuff

TheLittlestHobo
    Free Member

Yesh, he loves the mega ramp. I think he broke his wrist on it a couple of years ago.

Look at some of the guys who put him up on his travels. Some of them are quite famous.

I remember watching him as a kid on his BMX practising tricks for hours and hours. I would go out and try them on my raleigh burner and could never get close. Used to go and watch the BMX beat competitions at Border TV car park in Carlisle in the 80’s. Great times.

pickle
    Free Member

Yeah superb times!

MrAgreeable

We watched Turbo Kid the other night and I wanted to like it but it was a bit of a dog’s dinner. Very very silly and way too gory for its potential audience. It reminded me of one of those Children’s Film Foundation films (Sammy’s Super T Shirt et al) crossed with Braindead.

copa
    Free Member

Stopped watching when Red Bull made its first appearance – about six seconds in.

matther01
    Free Member

Watched Turbo kid yesterday. Its no BMX bandits that’s for sure!

Viewing 17 posts - 1 through 17 (of 17 total)

The topic ‘BMX Bandits’ is closed to new replies.