Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)
  • BMX advice – selling
  • DickBarton

Hi,

Sorry about the post but my neighbours son is looking to sell his BMX but doesn't know where to go/start and also doesn't know what a fair price would be for it. He came to me as I'm a biker so would know this sort of thing (according to him!).

It's a 2005 Mongoose McCann in an orange colour, Maxxis tyres, black box sun rims, snafu pedals and a rear odyssey cassette hub – according to his text details of it to me.

He is asking me to find out a good place to sell it and an idea of how much he should ask for it – cost him £250 brand new in 2005…

I'm clueless about second hand prices at the best of times, I can't find anything on Ebay for this bike and I can't find much else in the way of for sale ads…

Anyone got any experience/knowledge and can help me redeem my 'title' of 'biker in the know' please?

For some reason I'm not thinking this place would be a good place to advertise it, but if it is then I'll happily stick an advert in here for him…this isn't an advert to sell the bike, just asking for the best place to advertise it and also what a fair asking price would be.

Thanks,

Richard.

thisisnotaspoon
    Free Member

2nd hand BMX=cheep

Mines custom built, cost some poor bugger £800+, I bought it off him for £180, and that was because I felt sory for him haggling any further.

You might get lucky and sell for £80-£100 ish. Most of the BMX sites have a post limit you have to reach before it lets you start classifides threads. But theres usualy someone on STW after one.

oneoneoneone
    Free Member

i have a mate who is after one!! tbh the guy might not get as much as he is looking for. i would offer no more than £50

lyons
    Free Member

Same as 111. Where are you based?

DickBarton

Near Stirling, Scotland…

Not looking for this to turn into a classified ad, but if you are interested, please email me and I'll get some pics and send them on…if STW is a suitable place to stick the ad then I'll add one later tonight once I get some pictures of it.

Thanks.

Liftman

Could be interested in this, looking for a BMX for my son.

Viewing 6 posts - 1 through 6 (of 6 total)

The topic ‘BMX advice – selling’ is closed to new replies.