Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)
  • BMX Advice
  • Coyote
    Free Member

My soon to be 12 y/o nephew has asked me source a BMX for his birthday. He has expressed an interest in Mongoose or GT. Basically it's main use outside of general hooning around will be down the skate park. BMXs he has had in the past always had chainrings that were too big and always caught the lip of the drop in.

So, he is 5'4" and wants a BMX suitable for skate park. Budget is around £150. I would really appreciate advice and opinions.

So, Mamadirt, Jedi and Dialled Mike to name a few, please bombard me with information.

Thanks

jedi

you looking to buy new?

rp16v
    Free Member

for that budget i would go for second hand tbh if u look right u should eb able to get a half decent build that would be better than a compleat for the price.

Coyote
    Free Member

Jedi, yup looking to buy new. I know it's not a mahoosive amount of cash but that's what I've got to work with.

rp16v, appreciate the advice although TBH I'd rather not build from scratch. Got a build of my own going on at the moment. Thanks anyway.

jedi

personally i'd buy 2nd hand for that price.

rp16v
    Free Member

no i mean buy one someone has already built for that sort of money new your going to be looking at fairly low end kit that wont last that long at a skate part

flyingfox
    Free Member

We've got Haro F2 and X2 for example. Should be £250, could get down to £180 to sell off stock so maybe your local shop could too? They might want to try to make a living though, which shouldn't be such a bad thing. They have 25/9 gearing, which is what you want.

Coyote
    Free Member

Any particular brands I should be looking for or avoiding like the proverbial? Also any other tips and advice?

Appreciate the responses guys.

jedi

wethepeople/fit/proper/subrosa are all repected brands.
    last eyars haro's were good.
    premium do very good bikes for the price

juiced
    Free Member

have a look at 'perv' bmx bikes on chainreactioncycles (although i am a cheapskate)

Viewing 10 posts - 1 through 10 (of 10 total)

The topic ‘BMX Advice’ is closed to new replies.