Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)
  • BMX
  • Stevet1
    Free Member

I’ve seen the brake routing where it crosses over, sometimes you even get a plastic guide for the cables that fits to your seatpost. I’d avoid it, it reduces the mechanical advantage and as you say rubs the seattube. Wilko1999 has it closest to how its normally fitted, but I would have the straddle cable much shorter.

Tom83

Treat yourself best 30 quid I’ve spent. The stock brake will be generic crap at best.

grenosteve
    Free Member

BMX is really good fun and get you fit rather quick if you put time into it, the ‘scene’ can be a bit naff/juvenile though… IMO.

Learn to manual properly (arms straight, legs well bent) without using the brake. Manualing everything/everywhere is so much fun it’s unreal. 🙂

zilog6128

Wilko1999 has it closest to how its normally fitted, but I would have the straddle cable much shorter.

Ok, well I might try re-fitting the straddle cable then before it wears through the helitape!

Treat yourself best 30 quid I’ve spent. The stock brake will be generic crap at best.

It’s a complete bike but about as high-spec as completes come. The brake is branded (Tektro) rather than generic and looks pretty similar to that Odyssey one to be honest.

BMX is really good fun and get you fit rather quick if you put time into it, the ‘scene’ can be a bit naff/juvenile though… IMO.

Yeah hills are a bit more of a workout than usual! Might get a longer seat post and a quick release so I can swap it for longer journeys as I literally cannot sit down and pedal with the one I’ve got so it can get a bit tiring. I know a few 20s/30s who are into BMX but I think I’ll be doing most of my riding on my own. Don’t really fancy hanging round with a bunch of kids either!

Learn to manual properly (arms straight, legs well bent) without using the brake. Manualing everything/everywhere is so much fun it’s unreal.

This is basically all I’ve been trying to do since I got the thing. Still waiting for it to “click” though!

handyandy
    Free Member

myself and some friends bought bmx’s a couple of years ago, and when we get together for beers we always have a play on them. Building dirtjumps and rollers for them in the garden makes us all feel ten years old again 🙂

Viewing 5 posts - 41 through 45 (of 45 total)

The topic ‘BMX’ is closed to new replies.