Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • BMW/Thule or Thule/Thule on 5 Series saloon?
  • Brycey
    Free Member

Sorry, I know there was a thread along this line recently but I can’t for the life of me find it.

I’d prefer manufacturer roofbars and then Thule carrier but did someone say the clamps are too small on the carrier for the BM bars? Is it right that either type of bar screw directly on to the roof, so no clamping (scratching)? My Golf still has the scars of the last set-up I had.

Thanks and sorry for repetition!

deadlydarcy
    Free Member

Yes, the clamps are too small. However, you can get adaptors that sit in the gap where the rubber slides in. Google “Thule BMW adaptor” or something along those lines. They’re an extra tenner on top of everything else though. And it means you have to cut the rubber.

The BMW bars are a much nicer fit than the Thule (IME).

spacemonkey

I think it’s Artega/Ategra(?) who make the OEM kit for BMWs, so it’s worth checking them out. In fact, go to Roofbox > select your car > then check out options.

Brycey
    Free Member

Cheers both. BMW bars, adapter and Thule carrier sounds like the way forward right enough. Anyone done this on new 5 Series (F10), presume principle will be same as other modles?

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)

The topic ‘BMW/Thule or Thule/Thule on 5 Series saloon?’ is closed to new replies.