Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • BMW Roof bars/bike support
  • mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Does anyone have experience of these?

The are (unbelievably) considerably cheaper then Thule ones but that’s pointless if they are rubbish.

These are the ones I am looking at BMW Touring bike support

Ta

wwaswas

I use the BMW roof bars as per that shot (on a 5 series with roof rails) and they have a higher load capacity than Thule ones. They fit easily and have a big cross section (but no noisier than other bars I’ve used).

Most manufacturer carriers are just someone else’s rebadged so might be worth a scout round roofbox uk etc to spot somethign similar?

I doubt the carrier is crap given who’s selling it but I’d check max tyre size it’ll take given it’s so sculptured.

Daffy

Isn’t that just for the cycle carrier? You also need the roof bars at £179, don’t you?

The cycle carrier is just a re-badged Thule 591 which can be had for £80ish or £115 for a pair.

tinybits
    Free Member

and the roof bars are also rebadged Thule. Nothing wrong with that, they’re very very good. I got a pair as part of my company car package.

mrmichaelwright
    Free Member

Thanks

The bike rack is £85 in our local BMW dealer at the moment and yes, need the bars as well (also on offer)

As they scratched the bonnet when it was in for a recall yesterday I plan on getting an even bigger discount 🙂

Daffy

Yeah, but £57.50 each on ebay…

Link to eBay

nickewen
    Free Member

Agree that the bars look like Thule but the footpacks look awfully tall and very different from my Thule ones that hug the roofline a lot tighter.

jkomo

I have Bmw ones and Thule and the Bmw bar has a wider slot. Had to dremmel the t bar fixing to use Bmw bike rack on My Thule bars, so they now fit both.
    Just get the Thule set up if it’s cheaper, you can swap onto new cars easier.

Edit- mine are for a ’58 1 series, so none of the above may be correct for you.

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)

The topic ‘BMW Roof bars/bike support’ is closed to new replies.