Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • BMW 320i Estate M-Sport – ED 08 plate
  • Mintyjim

Should I??!
    I had an 07 plate 330i saloon and loved it but it was a wee bit thirsty, I like/prefer petrols (I know the 320d has superior torque) but I’ve seen a good spec M Sport locally and am pretty keen.

Any one had this engine, anything I should look for?

Basic internet research suggests coil packs and injectors could be problematic but with 90k on the clock and FBMWSH I would hope it’s OK now, plus there’s always 3rd party warranty…

Any feedback / comments gratefully received

Cheers

iainc

great cars but pretty samll boot

leahstaff
    Free Member

I’ve had an 08 320i estate M sport since June, so far so good but doesnt even come close to BMW’s claimed MPG figures no matter how i drive. I regulary get between 32-35 mpg over a tank, 20 each way trip to work with 80% of that on dual carriage ways.

No other problems so far (touches wood !)so can’t comment. mines 60k now with FBMWSH.

Wouldnt rely on the 3rd party warranty though.

Mintyjim

thanks for the feedback, that MPG isn’t great and your commute sounds exactly the same as mine!

It’s got all the toys I want so I’m very tempted.

I used to be able to get my bike in the back of the saloon so I should be fine with the estate

beaker

I had a 323ci which I brought with 100k on the clock and it started to get expensive. I had the bushes on the front done, a new wheel bearing and a couple of other bits needed attention. I got rid of it as there was major work that needed doing at around 110k. New radiator and corroded brake lines were the major jobs that needed doing. Best car I ever owned though….

alanf
    Free Member

Is it BMW approved through a dealer or non-franchised/private? You’ll get 12 months warranty if it is through a dealer.
    I think the coil packs were a recall so check that it’s been done, if not find out at a dealers if it has a recall and they should upgrade it for you.

Also check if any warranty is still on it as it will get passed to the new owner if it is.

Vern0n
    Free Member

Lovely car, as long as you don’t need tons of boot space.
    Engine changed spec approx 08/58 so worth checking you know which version you’re getting. Also did you mean efficient dynamics version – iirc the regular ED version was powered down compared with non-ED but not sure if this was the case if it is a Sport. 😕

I will also echo the comment re mpg – expect low-mid 30’s

JonEdwards
    Free Member

Can’t speak for the engine (mines a 320d), but no problem at all getting bikes in the back of the estate. Whilst the boot is quite small with the seats up, the rear bit of the passenger compartment is quite big, so the overall loadspace with the seats folded is pretty decent.

Definitely take the mileage figures with a large pinch of salt though.

(and you know to ditch the RFTs I take it?)

bruk

Have a 55 plate 320i.

Had both injectors (all 4 replaced) and DSC (traction control) hydro pump failure. Personally would go for a 320d, more around and actually quicker too in real driving.

Lovely car to drive though.

caspian
    Free Member

I’ve had a 55 plate 330d estate for just over two years now. Best car I’ve ever had (aside from 16v mk2 Golf GTI, ooh betty, how I miss ye). With Mrs. Caspian going to Tescos and back, stop-start the whole way, she gets about 37mpg. Motorway 70mph 220 miles returned 51mpg. Normal use hovers around 40-42mpg – these are clock figures though. 78 quid in the tank @1.42/ltr returns 500 miles at best.

Going to run it into the ground no question. She’s a keeper and what with the torque, six cylinders and everything I’d recommend the extra initial expenditure.

MrNutt
    Free Member

I drove an M sport estate a while back, loved it, would have probably killed myself in it if I didn’t give it back!!

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘BMW 320i Estate M-Sport – ED 08 plate’ is closed to new replies.