Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)
  • BMC Lamborghini special edition… £22,000
  • ashfanman
    Free Member

Yes, it’s another stupid luxury-carmaker-does-a-bike-for-people-with-more-money-than-sense thing, and yes, it’s TWENTY TWO THOUSAND POUNDS, but damn it looks nice.

zilog6128

I was wondering what wheeze they’d come up with to get rid of all the old Livestrong frames.

ashfanman
    Free Member

I was wondering what wheeze they’d come up with to get rid of all the old Livestrong frames.

Apparently Lance was running on premium unleaded…

sunnrider
    Free Member

My brother spent that kind of money on a guitar.
    Car restorers can add a few zeros to that total for their hobby.
    Surfers who travel, mountain climbers after the 8k´s the list goes on.
    This stuff is aimed at affluent, non pros. If you´ve got it,great.
    For the rest of us, there´s Mastercard …

chief9000
    Free Member

Although I don’t think that this bike is worth anything like that kind of money. I do like it very much, but I prefer the red version to the yellow.

Also, in terms of manufacturing this bicycle is state of the art. You cannot get better. Its a series production bike which has an automated manufacturing process, it reduces waste and also any human input (which is extremely important for composite bikes). It is repeatable, quality can be assured.

bikebouy
    Free Member

Do you think Cadel would ride one? Ride one if he took the yellow jersey in the TdF this year?

I like it, suits my style but not my budget.

Dylan08
    Free Member

… a fool & his money …

fivespot
    Free Member

Its got no suspension and the handle bars are bent 🙄

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Vorsprung durch Technik Well Lamborghini are owned by Audi and 22k is rather steep for a fancy paint job.

njee20
    Free Member

Also, in terms of manufacturing this bicycle is state of the art. You cannot get better. Its a series production bike which has an automated manufacturing process, it reduces waste and also any human input (which is extremely important for composite bikes). It is repeatable, quality can be assured.

But the non Lambo one is about £15k cheaper, so you’re paying that for exclusivity and a paint job. Arguably you could spec better for less money.

mauja
    Free Member

None of the BMC team ride the Impec, I noticed the year Cadel won the tour he rode one after the race on the Champs Élysées for photos but he never actually rode it during the race and instead rides a BMC SLR.

Maybe they’re too expensive even for their pro team.

chief9000
    Free Member

Njee20,

But the non Lambo one is about £15k cheaper, so you’re paying that for exclusivity and a paint job. Arguably you could spec better for less money.

I completely agree with you there. I already looked at one, but still out of my price range. Of course its the paint job and the lambo branding.

That said, you would expect the other one to come down in price now its all automated! For composites labour can make about 50% of cost. Fat chance tho… lets not forget that CF only costs about 50euro a kg, and this bike weights about that much eh?

mauja
    Free Member

You’re not just paying for the paint job you also get a saddle covered in the same leather lamborghini use for their car seats, seems like a bit of a bargain now doesn’t it -)

nigelb001
    Free Member

To be honest, if I was fortunate enough to be in a positon to own a Gallardo LP570-4 I would jump at one of these regardless of all the sarky comments. But then another thread would have to be started here:

‘What bike rack for a Lamborghini Gallardo LP570-4??? Talk to me!’

WorldClassAccident
    Free Member

Nigel – surely you would want a LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale for the exclusivity or perhaps one of the new Aventadors*

*Oh, I forgot, you blew your money on a pedal bike 😉

RoganJosh
    Free Member

Can’t be for the rich banker types… It’s not got a compact…

Looks like a 27 cassette tho.

ijs445ra
    Free Member

Look at it as a cheap lambo rather than an expensive bike.

You can get a rack that fits on the lambo engine cover, some pro skier type has a Gallardo with ski box and winter tyres.

Edit: not the pic is was looking for but could get a bike rack on that

darrell
    Free Member

they are all sold out

njee20
    Free Member

Nigel – surely you would want a LP 570-4 Super Trofeo Stradale for the exclusivity or perhaps one of the new Aventadors*

*Oh, I forgot, you blew your money on a pedal bike

If you’re considering an Aventador I’m sure your bank balance can weather a €22k bike!

If you’re a proper man you buy a Veneno anyway, even more rare than the bike!

Viewing 19 posts - 1 through 19 (of 19 total)

The topic ‘BMC Lamborghini special edition… £22,000’ is closed to new replies.