Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)
  • blustery out isn't it?you been out?
  • ton

just done a hours rehab ride, low spinning gears worked well in the gusting wind.

you been out?

weeksy

Watopia isn’t windy 🙂

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Commute of the year for me. 5 miles on road 😯 in crosswinds.
    Next 8 miles on bridle paths and field edges.
    This was clean on Monday.

[url=https://flic.kr/p/JbWegz]IMG_0010[/url] by John Stanley, on Flickr

lunge

Nope. Was meant to commute in, got up, heard the wind, opened a window, got back in bed and got the train in.
    Zwift tonight I think.

mariner
    Free Member

Mrs M got the wrong recycling collection date. I have just been out trying to find all the stuff we put out. 🙁

ton

Watopia isn’t windy

just had to google that………no thanks.
    that is the biking version of non alcoholic beer. 😀

edhornby

commuted in this morning, wasn’t too bad in Manchester (windy but not dangerously so, school hols in effect so roads quiet) however I was taking the primary all the way in to avoid being gusted into a pothole or daft car drivers, thankfully none today

chakaping
    Free Member

Going out in 15 mins.

Looks like it’s calmed down a lot now.

peteimpreza

OK here at the moment, but almost got blown off my feet last night going out to lock the garage.

dissonance

This was clean on Monday.

Still looks pretty clean.

Teetosugars
    Free Member

Nope, combined with the rain, really makes for a grim place to be at the minute..

Finish work at 16;00 so will have a look then.

Doh1Nut

Morning commute – 20km in Surrey
    Mostly just lots of huge twigs / branches on the road

But was surprised at some of the flooding

I guess it has been raining all night

eddiebaby
    Free Member

Still looks pretty clean.

Hub deep puddles have that effect…

woody2000

Nope, gave it a miss today. It’ll have to be a bit windier than this to blow you off line Tony! 🙂

mccraque

I went across the South Downs on a 13 mile loop.

It was shite.

grenosteve
    Free Member

Commute in was fine, bit of drizzle and some wind, but not too bad.

Wouldn’t want to be out in the gale we had in the middle of the night though!

prawny

Rode 20 miles to work this morning, in hindsight it was a pretty daft idea, had to take to the footpath a couple of times due to gusts in iffy places.

If the forecast was for it to be this bad later too I would have got on the train, even though it’s always knackered by the wind too. I’d be better off working from home on days like this.

Markend
    Free Member

Commute is only three miles for me, one big tree down though.

benp1

there was a moment of bliss on my commute in this morning when there was silence and no wind, I then realised I had a tailwind…!

It was certainly a bit gusty

joat

…Logs on to strava to see if club mate has tried to take my KOM again…

He won’t be able to without a 35mph tailwind, Ahem.

nedrapier

there was a moment of bliss on my commute in this morning when there was silence and no wind, I then realised I had a tailwind…!

I had a few of this this morning. Hopefully the wind will have died down a bit by the time I leave work.

Did 17 mile on the mtb last night. Sloppy but good fun, once you got into the groove. The groove of being all over the place. Got home, hosed off the bike, then hosed myself down too. Good shower and a scrub, woke up this morning and picked sleep encrusted mud out of the corner of my eyes. Got to work and noticed more mud in my ears!

Effing windy up the top too. I saw loads of wildlife I don’t usualy see. Used to seeing the ponies, the highland cattle, deer, badgers and rabbits.

Last night: shrews, mice and a light brown dumpy bird with a long beak that was just stood in the middle of the path until I got really close, then shot skywards. Could have been a golden plover?

chakaping
    Free Member

Was a bit blowy up on Winter Hill, only had to do a bit of leaning into the wind though and it was only an issue right up high.

Viewing 22 posts - 1 through 22 (of 22 total)

The topic ‘blustery out isn't it?you been out?’ is closed to new replies.