Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)
  • Blur, Zesty or Orange…decisions decisions
  • Pawsy_Bear
    Free Member

( tall and short was my impression)

not sure that’s an ideal fit whatever bike you choose. It would make downhill kinda of nervous?

jockhaggis
    Free Member

if you’re still thinking about importing, have a look at the UK duty calculator below.
    Duty Calculator
    Looks like your $1899 frame will end up being about £1500 plus handling fees which can be a lot. Considering you can get a UK one for £1799 it may be wise to buy in the UK.
    What about an ex-demo full bike, LT with X9 build kit in green for £1870.
    Santa Cruz Ex-demo
    Or an ex-demo Orange 5.
    Orange Ex-demo

currymad
    Free Member

jockhaggis,

many thanks for that – that’s a great link.
    I can’t seem to find a Blur LT2 Carbon frame for the price you quoted-I’ve found £2399 for 2010 frame the best deal.
    I realise it’s a risk, but figure, buying a 2nd hand frame from UK is similar in as much that the warranty is for the original purchaser only. Jury is still out if I will go ahead.Thanks too for Orange links, this bike is still the favourite, together with the Blur.

Pawsy_Bear – you’re right although it was more subjective as I am currently riding a Trek EX9 19.5 virtual which is the exact opposite! It felt strange but not bad, I figure I would just have to go over the bars a few times before I adopted my style…!

PimpmasterJazz
    Free Member

The Blur LT2 climbs better than the five on technical stuff, the 5 is so much better going down hill,and for me a bike that gives you more confidence, in technical situations, I have a new 5 and I have owned a Heckler and Nomad and test rode several Blurs Lt2’s for me the 5 gives the most rewarding ride of them all, the Nomad was also a fantastic bike, which was probably more capable than the 5 but you never felt the same good feeling after the ride, it was too good for your normal trails.

Did you breath while you were writing that? 😉

fattatlasses
    Free Member

Currymad – good move going for frame only & self build. If you’re intending to go the whole hog with spec., I can thoroughly recommend the Gore sealed shifter cables – initial cost is a bit ‘ouch’, but superb shifting performance and make the Five virtually maintenance free 😀

Eventually I will do the forks, Revelation u-turn 150s would cover everything the 5 is best at.

Can also recommend these for the Five – I haven’t got the U-turn cos I wanted Black Box damping, and out of preference, have spaced mine down to 140mm (obviously no faff with U-turn!), the 20mm bolt through really seems to suit the character of the bike (for a 32mm legged fork, it’s b****y brilliant in rock gardens 😀 )

err…Can you tell I like my Five?! 😳

jockhaggis
    Free Member

currymad, sorry that was for the Aluminium version using list prices in US and UK.
    Would be nice to get a carbon for that!
    I’ve got a Heckler by the way, I bought my frame a few years ago, fantastic bike. Price drop recently means they are currently selling them for £899. Compared to a Five for £1399 it’s a bargain.

Jeffus
    Free Member

Did you breath while you were writing that? 😀

No I was too excited to say my thing….. 😀

Orange Five is a good allrounder.. 😆

Viewing 7 posts - 81 through 87 (of 87 total)

The topic ‘Blur, Zesty or Orange…decisions decisions’ is closed to new replies.