• This topic has 10 replies, 6 voices, and was last updated 8 years ago by marc.
Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)
  • Blur LTc setup advice
  • marc
    Free Member

I’ve just bought one of these off a mate. Before that I rode a first generation Intense Tracer for years.

Although the frame size is large, it felt smaller on the first ride and a tape measure shows the seat to bar distance has dropped by about 2 1/2 inches from the same measurement on the old bike.

It has a 70mm stem on it, and I was thinking about putting something longer on but don’t want to bugger up the handling and feel too much.

Would 100mm be too long?

Cheers

wrecker
    Free Member

How tall are you?

mikewsmith
    Free Member

How much have you ridden it?

marc
    Free Member

I’m 5’11, but I have a “long back” compared to my legs. If they were the right length I’d be over 6′ easily.

So far I’ve only had the one ride, so about four hours on it

wilko1999
    Free Member

I’m just shy of 6’1 and ride a large LTc. Its definitely on the short side and after messing around with different stems and posts I now run an 80mm stem and a KS Dropzone dropper post with about 20mm layback. I’ve been riding it for 2.5 years now and its just about right set like that. Longest ride I’ve done was 5.5 hours and was comfortable all the way round. Like you I’m more back/arms and shortish legs.

My next bike will definitely have a longer TT so I can run a shorter stem and have more dropper post options, but the LTc is great for now, and is brilliant to ride

marc
    Free Member

Yeah, Wilko we sound a similar build.

The post on the bike has no layback on it, but my knees in about the right place over the pedal axel as it is.

Could be it’s just a more modern setup than my old shed

mikewsmith
    Free Member

One ride? Get back on the dam thing. Saddle position? Before anything else give it a few rides so at least you know if a change is better or not. If you want longer try wider bars over longer stems – 780 on mine

marc
    Free Member

Yep one ride, I’ve only had it two days 🙂

I’m dead impatient though 🙂

noahhowes
    Free Member

It’s not modern, Santa Cruz are short bikes. When I last looked at them the reach seems to be around a size smaller than the bike is advertised. My L Transition has a longer reach than my mate’s XL 5010. It’s not wrong, it just whatever you prefer. Same with the stem, my opinion from my experience is that anything over 60mm is too long and 100mm would be barge like in handling. But again, that’s my opinion.

Definitely go for the wider bars, moving your hand further apart will move you forwards quite a bit.

zelak999
    Free Member

I’m 5’11 on a large.
    I’ve put 140mm bars and a 55mm stem with 160mm Pikes and it feels perfect for me.
    I had a 70mm stem originally and found the steering a bit on the slow side.
    Like Mike said, ride it a bit more before making any tweaking decisions.

marc
    Free Member

Cheers, I appreciate the tips.

The bars on it are 700mm and it’s a 70mm stem. The handling is a little slower than my old bike which had 100mm stem, but which had a MUCH steeper head angle.

I’ll stick with it for a while longer, but maybe look at wider bars if I can’t get on with it.

Viewing 11 posts - 1 through 11 (of 11 total)

The topic ‘Blur LTc setup advice’ is closed to new replies.