Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Blur LT 69er ?????????
  • bigsi
    Free Member

Ok so i was a bit hungover yesterday and while sitting looking at my 2 bikes i found myself wondering what would happen if i stuck my 29er 100mm forks and wheel on to the front of the Blur.

Currently the Blur has 130mm Rev's on the front but i am just wanting to know how its going to change the handling of the Blur if i do this. Has anyone done this with a full susser before, IIRC the Trek 69er's are all hardtails 😕 .

If you or anyone you know has done this what were the pro's and cons or should i just forget the idea ?

bigsi
    Free Member

Anyone ?

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

in the 2 hours you waited for a response you could have done it, tried it, and let us know! If youve got all the bits and arent going to wreck anything merely by changing then why not just give it a try?

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middling Edition

Fresh Goods Friday 696: The Middlin...
    Latest Singletrack Videos
    bigsi
    Free Member

I'm at work (and a bit bored) at the moment and wanted to see if anyone had tried it or not 😕

It will be done tonight 😛

john_b
    Free Member

Hello,

Trek did a FS 69er…

I have one and it works really well and will shortly be selling it (need the space). Not sure how well it would work if you just put longer forks on a 26"-wheel frame.

Munqe-chick
    Free Member

bigsi, fair enough, I should remember not all of us are at home off-sick with itchy spanner fingers!

STATO
    Free Member

going from 130mm 26" to 100mm 29" wouldnt affect the static height (much) but youd get a fair bit less sag so it would feel slacker and higher more of the time, as well as a little slower from having the bigger wheel. So it depends how and what you ride but i think it would prob be good fun for fast flowly singletrack.

bigsi
    Free Member

I'll be reporting back on Wednesday as I plan to sort the build tonight and then run the torrent of abuse on the Tuesday night club ride tomorrow 😆

bigsi
    Free Member

Ok so it steered like a barge and would have been a biatch on the climbs so i've scrapped the idea, shame as it would have been a hoot pointing down hill 🙄

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)

The topic ‘Blur LT 69er ?????????’ is closed to new replies.