• This topic has 64 replies, 21 voices, and was last updated 14 years ago by hora.
Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)
  • Blur 4x- anyone spotted one for sale anywhere?!
  • hora
    Free Member

It does. I will be feverishly building this afternoon….I dont think I will leave the club for a longtime*.

*Until boyhora arrives and removes my tackle, life and any interests/money I have ;(

heihei

If he does sell it, I want first dibs!

Nearly bought one a year or so ago after having a blast out in the Alps. Got myself an Intense Slopestyle instead though!

ddmonkey

I'll be feverishly building tomorrow. Might get some pics up later this weekend. Still trying to get some decent travel adjust forks for it, my Z1 SL's will have to do for now…

hora
    Free Member

I personally think your SL's will be perfect for it. heihei, you know I owe you pints.

ddmonkey

Maybe… just fancied being able to set forks at 120mm for xc and still have 160mm available for gnarly stuff. Fox tala 36's don't come cheap though it seems…

tracknicko
    Free Member

medium one for sale on descent world frame only….

hora
    Free Member

http://www.descent-world.co.uk/forum/index.php/topic,502.0.html

Mine was cheaper- I love you heihei man

stuartlangwilson
    Free Member

Mine handles terribly with 160mm 36s. Much better on 130mm.

ddmonkey

Hmmm – so maybe Pikes or Rev's are the way to go. Choices choices….

hora
    Free Member

SL's first. Then drop the air or wind down

ddmonkey

I couldn't help myself, its like someone else had control of my credit card!!! Great deal on 2010 Pike 454's obtained, adjustable coil sprung loveliness on its way….

Rainmaker
    Free Member

I know a shop in Ireland that has a large frame in trans red. I could pass on the contact details if you wish.

DaveyBoyWonder
    Free Member

I leave my AM SLs in 160mm mode all the time on my 4X. Handles brilliantly.

Helvetica85
    Free Member

Hijacking I know but if anyone wants similar handling/geo to the 4x and is short on cash heres an option. I did it and it rocks…

Take one cheap old 2005-6 Santa Cruz Heckler and put a shorter 190 x 50mm shock on it rather than the standard 200 x 57mm.

You end up with 5" of travel. BB at 12.8 and a head angle of 66-67 with 140mm RS Revs.

jfeb
    Free Member

Hora – Congratulations! What a great price… you b@stard 😉 Glad you managed to get back in the club without you having to steal mine.

hora
    Free Member

I've started a new thread- it came in this afternoon from Spitalfields. On the psi- I'm reckon 160 for a 95kg rider with 25% sag?

http://www.singletrackworld.com/forum/topic/show-me-your-santa-cruz-blur-4x

Ps. I love you heihei 😉

groundskeeperwilly
    Free Member

rainmaker-please pass them to me, I would be really gratefull….my e-mail is in my profile.

higgo
    Free Member

On the psi- I'm reckon 160 for a 95kg rider with 25% sag?

See here: http://www.santacruzbikes.co.uk/bicycles/blur4x.html under shock set-up guide. Assuming it's got a Fox shock on it 160psi would suit a 72kg rider. I'm ~95kg with a big breakfast in me, more with clothes & Camelbak the SC recommendation for me is ~210psi. I run mine at ~200psi and it's good. Much lower than that and it's too wallowy.

hora
    Free Member

Ah! I was working towards 25& sag- I forget its a different linkage/frame 😳 thank you

flippinheckler
    Free Member

Just checked. Mine was £1,152 (hearing-aid-beige paint + RP23

Never heard that comparison before! eh….pardon. 😕

hora
    Free Member

Still like the sand-beige one of yours. Looks mint.

higgo
    Free Member

I'll be feverishly rebuilding mine this weekend. Another new set of bearings.

hora
    Free Member

The Mighty Higs quit moaning, great sex with a woman isnt free either 😆

higgo
    Free Member

Great sex with a woman also doesn't:
    take all afternoon
    require a special tool
    cost £30 a time

hora
    Free Member

take all afternoon
    require a special tool
    cost £30 a time

True, otherwise it would be 5mins and a few barcadi breezers. Sorted.

Viewing 25 posts - 41 through 65 (of 65 total)

The topic ‘Blur 4x- anyone spotted one for sale anywhere?!’ is closed to new replies.